Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Reminder - MIT Strategic Games Society

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 2, 2003
      At 02:22 AM 1/3/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      > >For anyone with any interest in playing and learning the ins and
      > >outs of Titan I recommend the MIT group.
      >
      >I don't know, considering the length of a game of Titan and the
      >elimination factor, starting out with a bunch of Titan experts might
      >not be the best. I didn't have too much fun playing it the one time
      >I went to the MIT SGS.

      Hey I never said it'd be fun learning the ins and outs of Titan against
      experts did I?! ;-) They probably play a quicker game of Titan than most
      other groups though. Although that's still a few hours (?). I've only
      been there once also, the group dynamics just didn't work for me, but if
      you want to learn all there is to Titan (perhaps the hard way, I'll admit)
      seek these guys out.

      Mark
    • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Message 51 of 51 , Jan 22, 2004

        MIT Strategic Games Society

        Date: Friday, January 23, 2004
        Time: 7:00PM - 12:00AM EST (GMT-05:00)

        We play boardgames, and have a huge library. The MIT SGS has
        been running on Friday nights for over 20 years.

        Recently, we've been playing Puerto Rico, RA, Third Reich,
        Eurorails, Aquire and way too much Titan.

        Good directions at our web site:

        http://www.mit.edu/activities/sgs/

        Open to all.