Re: [Unity_Games] Game metrics

  • David Fontes
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
      --- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
      > So, for those who have the inclination, I'd be
      > curious to see what
      > others top games by the month metric are, as well as
      > any comments on
      > the metric itself.

      Top games for me this year (I did not record monthly statistics last year)
      by this metric would be:

      Hick Hack in Gacklewack (10)
      Call My Bluff (9)
      Crokinole (8) - interestingly, I did not play this at all during the summer
      months - I guess it is a cold weather game!
      Catch Phrase (7)
      6 Nimmt! (7)
      Werewolf (7)
      Princes of Florence (6)
      Transamerica (6)
      Can't Stop (5)
      Lord of the Rings: the Confrontation (5)
      Traumfabrik (5)

      The most noticeable differences from my listing by number of games played is
      that the games I played alot with my family, Abstracts, Apples to Apples,
      and Mausse-Rallye, dropped off this list since many plays were clustered in
      November and December over the holidays. Also, LotR:tC is unfairly pushed to
      the bottom of the list, since I have only owned it for five months, but
      played it at least once in each of those months.
      -David
      =============
      David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      dfontes@...
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
        At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
        >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky KK&K
        >win yesterday.)

        Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been involved in a deal
        since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of weasels. If only I
        rolled a '1'.

        Mark

        "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the way that he hoped it
        would be,
        He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of jealousy.
        As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward, and with his last breath
        Johnny confessed,
        _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like a fool I squandered
        the rest._"
        -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
      • Eric Shultz
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
          If only whoever it was didn't roll the 2. Then I
          would have killed on the next deal. I love that game.

          Eric

          --- Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@...> wrote:
          > At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
          > >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky
          > KK&K
          > >win yesterday.)
          >
          > Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been
          > involved in a deal
          > since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of
          > weasels. If only I
          > rolled a '1'.
          >
          > Mark
          >

          > If you like board games and live in Eastern MA or
          > the surrounding areas
          > check out Unity Games -- www.unitygames.org
          >
          > "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the
          > way that he hoped it
          > would be,
          > He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of
          > jealousy.
          > As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward,
          > and with his last breath
          > Johnny confessed,
          > _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like
          > a fool I squandered
          > the rest._"
          > -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Walter H. Hunt
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
            Matthew Horn wrote:

            >I don't think Dave Fontes fondled me 8 times last year. That number is very low.
            >
            > >> TransAmerica ... doesn't want anyone to know its true nature, but it enjoys
            > >> being fondled. Kind of like Matt Horn.

            I certainly fondled Matt more often than that :-)

            Walter.
          • Campbell MacInnes <haleon@sennicam.com>
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
              I rolled the 2, actually.

              I might note, MARK, that you came in second after Matt, I was in 3rd.

              A close game nonetheless, with 1 buck separating each of us.

              --Campbell, less weasel than he is reputed to be.

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Eric Shultz <swift_4@y...> wrote:
              > If only whoever it was didn't roll the 2. Then I
              > would have killed on the next deal. I love that game.
              >
              > Eric
              >
              > --- Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:
              > > At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              > > >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky
              > > KK&K
              > > >win yesterday.)
              > >
              > > Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been
              > > involved in a deal
              > > since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of
              > > weasels. If only I
              > > rolled a '1'.
              > >
              > > Mark

            • Eric Shultz
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2, 2003
                --- "Campbell MacInnes <haleon@...>" > -->
                >Campbell, less weasel than he is reputed to be.

                Not MUCH less. You still outweaseled me.

                Eric

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com