Re: [Unity_Games] Game metrics

  • Eric Shultz
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2 9:24 AM
      --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
      >. There are some in my top 10
      > favorites for the year and several that wouldn't be
      > in
      > my top 20 favorites of the year too - TransAmerica
      > and
      > Carcassonne for instance.

      TransAmerica continues to be an enigma. It might not
      be on anyone's favorites list, but it will appear on
      many people's frequency lists - by any metric.
      Someone says, "Well, I brought TransAmerica...." Then
      someone says, "Sure. Why not..." Next thing you
      know, you're plotting a strategy based on the cards in
      your hand, knowing full well that the cards in your
      hand are about all the strategy there is.

      Personally, I thing TransAmerica is actually a
      sentient being disguised as a board game. It doesn't
      want anyone to know its true nature, but it enjoys
      being fondled. Kind of like Matt Horn.

      (Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky KK&K
      win yesterday.)

      Eric Shultz

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2 9:35 AM
        I don't think Dave Fontes fondled me 8 times last year. That number is very low.

        >> TransAmerica ... doesn't want anyone to know its true nature, but it enjoys
        >> being fondled. Kind of like Matt Horn.

      • David Fontes
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2 9:36 AM
          --- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
          > So, for those who have the inclination, I'd be
          > curious to see what
          > others top games by the month metric are, as well as
          > any comments on
          > the metric itself.

          Top games for me this year (I did not record monthly statistics last year)
          by this metric would be:

          Hick Hack in Gacklewack (10)
          Call My Bluff (9)
          Crokinole (8) - interestingly, I did not play this at all during the summer
          months - I guess it is a cold weather game!
          Catch Phrase (7)
          6 Nimmt! (7)
          Werewolf (7)
          Princes of Florence (6)
          Transamerica (6)
          Can't Stop (5)
          Lord of the Rings: the Confrontation (5)
          Traumfabrik (5)

          The most noticeable differences from my listing by number of games played is
          that the games I played alot with my family, Abstracts, Apples to Apples,
          and Mausse-Rallye, dropped off this list since many plays were clustered in
          November and December over the holidays. Also, LotR:tC is unfairly pushed to
          the bottom of the list, since I have only owned it for five months, but
          played it at least once in each of those months.
          -David
          =============
          David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
          dfontes@...
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2 9:53 AM
            At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
            >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky KK&K
            >win yesterday.)

            Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been involved in a deal
            since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of weasels. If only I
            rolled a '1'.

            Mark

            "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the way that he hoped it
            would be,
            He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of jealousy.
            As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward, and with his last breath
            Johnny confessed,
            _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like a fool I squandered
            the rest._"
            -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
          • Eric Shultz
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 2 10:14 AM
              If only whoever it was didn't roll the 2. Then I
              would have killed on the next deal. I love that game.

              Eric

              --- Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@...> wrote:
              > At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
              > >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky
              > KK&K
              > >win yesterday.)
              >
              > Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been
              > involved in a deal
              > since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of
              > weasels. If only I
              > rolled a '1'.
              >
              > Mark
              >

              > If you like board games and live in Eastern MA or
              > the surrounding areas
              > check out Unity Games -- www.unitygames.org
              >
              > "He was just 91 on the day he passed on, it was the
              > way that he hoped it
              > would be,
              > He was shot by a beauty queen's husband in a fit of
              > jealousy.
              > As he lay on the floor a priest was sent forward,
              > and with his last breath
              > Johnny confessed,
              > _I spent all of my money on woman and drink and like
              > a fool I squandered
              > the rest._"
              > -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Walter H. Hunt
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 2 10:43 AM
                Matthew Horn wrote:

                >I don't think Dave Fontes fondled me 8 times last year. That number is very low.
                >
                > >> TransAmerica ... doesn't want anyone to know its true nature, but it enjoys
                > >> being fondled. Kind of like Matt Horn.

                I certainly fondled Matt more often than that :-)

                Walter.
              • Campbell MacInnes <haleon@sennicam.com>
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 2 1:51 PM
                  I rolled the 2, actually.

                  I might note, MARK, that you came in second after Matt, I was in 3rd.

                  A close game nonetheless, with 1 buck separating each of us.

                  --Campbell, less weasel than he is reputed to be.

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Eric Shultz <swift_4@y...> wrote:
                  > If only whoever it was didn't roll the 2. Then I
                  > would have killed on the next deal. I love that game.
                  >
                  > Eric
                  >
                  > --- Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:
                  > > At 09:24 AM 1/2/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                  > > >(Sorry Matt. You deserved that for your sneaky
                  > > KK&K
                  > > >win yesterday.)
                  > >
                  > > Heheheh. I especially liked his "I haven't been
                  > > involved in a deal
                  > > since...." act. Him and Campbell, what a pair of
                  > > weasels. If only I
                  > > rolled a '1'.
                  > >
                  > > Mark

                • Eric Shultz
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 2 2:10 PM
                    --- "Campbell MacInnes <haleon@...>" > -->
                    >Campbell, less weasel than he is reputed to be.

                    Not MUCH less. You still outweaseled me.

                    Eric

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com