Java, "of wolf gear stuff and Michael Kiesling"

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2000
      I followed a link from r.g.b to:
      http://www.spielbox-online.de/spielarchiv/kmw/java.htm

      The page provides not only pictures of Java, the eagerly-awaited new game from Kramer and Kiesling, but also a written account of the game. It's in German, so I didn't understand much of it.

      But never mind, Spielbox have provided a link to freetranslate.com. I understood even less of the translation than I did of the original German.

      And yes, the stuff in quotemarks in the subjectline is a direct quote from the translation. According to freetranslate, the first author of Java really is named wolf gear stuff.

      Share and enjoy,

      Andrew.
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2000
        --- AndAgainMA@... wrote:
        > I followed a link from r.g.b to:

        http://www.spielbox-online.de/spielarchiv/kmw/java.htm

        > The page provides not only pictures of Java, the
        > eagerly-awaited new game from Kramer and Kiesling,
        > but also a written account of the game. It's in
        > German, so I didn't understand much of it.

        Very cool - I saw these this morning and the game
        looks great. The Rio Grande Version should be out at
        the end of October for those who want to mark their
        calendars.
        > But never mind, Spielbox have provided a link to
        > freetranslate.com. I understood even less of the
        > translation than I did of the original German.

        I really think that a bunch of programmers are sitting
        around doing these translator programs and saying to
        each other - "let's see the poor slobs try to get an
        intelligible translation using this." There is
        probably some nefarious plot for world domination
        going on here because I have never seen one of the
        translators work worth a hoot

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        http://im.yahoo.com/
      • Alison Hansel
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2000
          --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, AndAgainMA@a... wrote:
          > And yes, the stuff in quotemarks in the subjectline is a direct
          >quote from the translation. According to freetranslate, the first
          >author of Java really is named wolf gear stuff.

          That is hilarious!

          --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, Craig Massey <cwmassey@y...> wrote:
          > I really think that a bunch of programmers are sitting
          > around doing these translator programs and saying to
          > each other - "let's see the poor slobs try to get an
          > intelligible translation using this." There is
          > probably some nefarious plot for world domination
          > going on here

          No doubt, a German plot. Just a part of their clever plan to take
          over the world by making kick-ass games and then forcing us all to
          learn German in order to play them and go to Essen in order to get
          them... and soon, we'll all be named wolf gear.

          -Alison
        • Walter Hunt [ext ]
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2000
            Try http://brettboard.dk/cgi-bin2/webdata_games.pl?cgifunction=form&fid=966069617 for Mik Svellov's English translation.

            Walter H. Hunt
            Senior Technical Writer
            VistaSource, Inc.
            114 Turnpike Rd., Westboro, MA 01581 whunt@...
            (508) 870-0300 ext. 391

            millihelen (n.) -- That quantity of beauty required to launch one ship.