Re: [Unity_Games] Ricochet pains

  • Steve Meuse
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2002
      At 01:53 PM 12/3/2002 -0500, Dave Bernazzani wrote:
      >Kyle wrote:
      > >Christ, almost 200 people have played already today, and
      > >there are still three UG'ers in the top ten: danger (5th),
      > >mcdirge (6th), and ganska (9th).
      >
      >Before I forget - I wanted to say I think the Ricochet Robot daily puzzle is
      >a pretty neat idea. I'm not very good at RR, but I love the game. I did
      >want to make mention that you guys are holding up the UG banner pretty well
      >in the rankings -- go get 'em!

      I'm afraid I'm tarnishing the UG image :) I think I came in dead last today...

      -Steve
    • Henshaw, Scott
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 3, 2002
        Don't fret Steve, I haven't played yet!
        ScottH.

        I'm afraid I'm tarnishing the UG image :) I think I came in dead last
        today...

        -Steve

      • nix342
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In Unity_Games@y..., Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:
          > tamales

          mmmmmmmmm......tamales......

          have a great day!

          Nick
        • Richard Spoonts
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
            Where can you find good tamales in the Boston area?
            My favorite place for my tamale fix (Austin Grill)
            went out of business about a year ago. I am pretty
            familiar with the area Mexican restaurants, so I doubt
            that this post will yield results but it doesn't hurt
            to ask.

            Richard

            --- nix342 <navtges@...> wrote:
            > --- In Unity_Games@y..., Mark Edwards
            > <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:
            > > tamales
            >

            > mmmmmmmmm......tamales......
            >

            > have a great day!
            >
            > Nick

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Teresa Gaudet
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
              Have you tried Boca Grande? There's one in Coolidge Corner on Beacon St, and
              I think there are a couple in Cambridge (one between Harvard and Porter on
              Mass Ave).

              Tery

              --- nix342 <navtges@...> wrote:
              > --- In Unity_Games@y..., Mark Edwards
              > <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:
              > > tamales
              >

              > mmmmmmmmm......tamales......
              >

              > have a great day!
              >
              > Nick

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com

            • Walter H. Hunt
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
                Teresa Gaudet wrote:

                >Have you tried Boca Grande? There's one in Coolidge Corner on Beacon St, and
                >I think there are a couple in Cambridge (one between Harvard and Porter on
                >Mass Ave).
                >
                >Tery

                Bravo! My suggestion exactly. The Boca Grande I know is on First Street
                in Cambridge, opposite Lotus. We used to go over there for lunch and
                eat, while watching the folks exercising directly opposite. The people
                trapped on the StairMasters used to watch people walk out of there with
                the best Mexican food in Cambridge. . . you could almost hear them salivate.

                Walter.
              • Constantine von Hoffman
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 4, 2002
                  sigh.
                  you can't.
                  or, if you can, i haven't been able to find it. the tamale -- like real
                  mexican food in general -- is an extinct beast around boston.

                  my wife used to work at an office where once or twice a year the staff
                  would make a giant order to some place in texas and have a huge number of
                  tamales fed-exed to them. they would arrive packed in dry ice and we would
                  feast on them for about a week. sadly, neither i nor my wife remember the
                  name of said heavenly establishment.
                  my brother is coming out from san diego over christmas, maybe i can prevail
                  upon him to bring a variety of tamales with him.

                  At 12:17 PM 12/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:
                  >Where can you find good tamales in the Boston area?
                  >My favorite place for my tamale fix (Austin Grill)
                  >went out of business about a year ago. I am pretty
                  >familiar with the area Mexican restaurants, so I doubt
                  >that this post will yield results but it doesn't hurt
                  >to ask.
                  >
                  >Richard

                  longingly yrs,

                  Constantine
                • Ben
                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 5, 2002
                    My method is buying a plane ticket for my Wife's grandmother.

                    She stocks my freezer every time.

                    Ben