Re: [Unity_Games] KK&K (was Holiday Gaming - Abenteuer Menschheit)

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
      At 04:20 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
      >everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

      I've actually always known about this one, but I'd rather not play that
      way. If the money were all the same color I'd have a lot less problem with
      it. The less known about everyone's finances the better.

      >2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards and have more
      >than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play a triple and try to recruit
      >away an investor.

      I probably read this rule wrong and thus taught this improperly since
      my first game! I can't say I'm unhappy I did though. I think it could
      make the game drag if people started searching for the *perfect* hand or
      something. In fact I still like our house rule of forcing you to make a
      deal if you have 9 or more cards. Keeps things moving.

      Mark

      "Lord, can I go 'round again? Please can I go 'round again?
      Oh, I can't believe that I'll never see your sky or your trees again.
      Oh, the girls and the wine and the living were fine, I shouldn't complain
      but then,
      You give damned short rides on this fairground of yours, Lord, oh please
      let me go 'round again."
      -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        Hi Everyone,

        I realize this is about as far off topic as one could
        get. I mean this isn't even about the Dark Chicken
        Wing so please excuse me in advance.

        Many of you have attended games at my place and have
        met my dog Madison - a 20 month black lab. Well, my
        brother and more precisely, his dog just had a litter
        of puppies - 11 black and chocolate ones. His dog is
        Madison's mother and the father of this litter is the
        same as well. They were born 4 weeks ago and will be
        ready for good homes come Christmas time.

        So, if there is anyone out there who is thinking about
        getting a puppy, or wasn't thinking that but now is,
        here is your chance. If you are interested, drop me
        an email for more details. The puppies are pure breed
        labs - just not AKC registered. My brother and his
        familily will be in Boston for Christmas and is
        willing to bring out a pooch or three along if there
        are good homes for them.

        Again, please email me off the list if you are
        interested with any questions, etc. and I can fill in
        the details. Suffice it to say, I can vouch for the
        stock of the mother and father of the litter. Maddie
        is a great dog and we have had no problems with her.
        She has only eaten one game piece since here arrival
        at our house and that was really Alan's fault. What
        would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
        for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

        Now back to your regularly scheduled gaming and
        science fiction conversations.

        Craig

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
          --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
          > What
          > would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
          > for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

          I'll answer for Matt: A new lap puppy.

          Richard

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com