Re: [Unity_Games] KK&K (was Holiday Gaming - Abenteuer Menschheit)

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
      Adam wrote [re: KK&K rules]
      > 1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
      > everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

      Having played this way twice, I don't think I would play this way again.

      > 2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards
      > and have more than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play
      > a triple and try to recruit away an investor.

      Hmm... I'm not sure I'd play this way either but I'll have to think about
      it. I like the forced deals - makes the game speedier by forcing the issue
      and I think that's a good thing!

      daveber@... (New Mail! remove NOSPAM to use)
      No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        At 04:20 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
        >1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
        >everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

        I've actually always known about this one, but I'd rather not play that
        way. If the money were all the same color I'd have a lot less problem with
        it. The less known about everyone's finances the better.

        >2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards and have more
        >than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play a triple and try to recruit
        >away an investor.

        I probably read this rule wrong and thus taught this improperly since
        my first game! I can't say I'm unhappy I did though. I think it could
        make the game drag if people started searching for the *perfect* hand or
        something. In fact I still like our house rule of forcing you to make a
        deal if you have 9 or more cards. Keeps things moving.

        Mark

        "Lord, can I go 'round again? Please can I go 'round again?
        Oh, I can't believe that I'll never see your sky or your trees again.
        Oh, the girls and the wine and the living were fine, I shouldn't complain
        but then,
        You give damned short rides on this fairground of yours, Lord, oh please
        let me go 'round again."
        -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
          Hi Everyone,

          I realize this is about as far off topic as one could
          get. I mean this isn't even about the Dark Chicken
          Wing so please excuse me in advance.

          Many of you have attended games at my place and have
          met my dog Madison - a 20 month black lab. Well, my
          brother and more precisely, his dog just had a litter
          of puppies - 11 black and chocolate ones. His dog is
          Madison's mother and the father of this litter is the
          same as well. They were born 4 weeks ago and will be
          ready for good homes come Christmas time.

          So, if there is anyone out there who is thinking about
          getting a puppy, or wasn't thinking that but now is,
          here is your chance. If you are interested, drop me
          an email for more details. The puppies are pure breed
          labs - just not AKC registered. My brother and his
          familily will be in Boston for Christmas and is
          willing to bring out a pooch or three along if there
          are good homes for them.

          Again, please email me off the list if you are
          interested with any questions, etc. and I can fill in
          the details. Suffice it to say, I can vouch for the
          stock of the mother and father of the litter. Maddie
          is a great dog and we have had no problems with her.
          She has only eaten one game piece since here arrival
          at our house and that was really Alan's fault. What
          would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
          for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

          Now back to your regularly scheduled gaming and
          science fiction conversations.

          Craig

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
            --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
            > What
            > would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
            > for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

            I'll answer for Matt: A new lap puppy.

            Richard

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com