Re: [Unity_Games] KK&K (was Holiday Gaming - Abenteuer Menschheit)

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
      While we're konfirming korrect KK&K. The rules, I believe, state that you
      must contribute to a deal - either by being the boss or with an investor card
      - in order to get money from it, and so you cannot make threats such as "cut
      me in or this deal doesn't happen."
      Is this one of the correct rules?
      Andrew

    • Adam Smiles
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        Yes, that is correct. You must contribute either an investor or by being
        the boss.

        ----Original Message Follows----

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
          Adam wrote [re: KK&K rules]
          > 1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
          > everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

          Having played this way twice, I don't think I would play this way again.

          > 2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards
          > and have more than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play
          > a triple and try to recruit away an investor.

          Hmm... I'm not sure I'd play this way either but I'll have to think about
          it. I like the forced deals - makes the game speedier by forcing the issue
          and I think that's a good thing!

          daveber@... (New Mail! remove NOSPAM to use)
          No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
            At 04:20 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
            >1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
            >everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

            I've actually always known about this one, but I'd rather not play that
            way. If the money were all the same color I'd have a lot less problem with
            it. The less known about everyone's finances the better.

            >2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards and have more
            >than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play a triple and try to recruit
            >away an investor.

            I probably read this rule wrong and thus taught this improperly since
            my first game! I can't say I'm unhappy I did though. I think it could
            make the game drag if people started searching for the *perfect* hand or
            something. In fact I still like our house rule of forcing you to make a
            deal if you have 9 or more cards. Keeps things moving.

            Mark

            "Lord, can I go 'round again? Please can I go 'round again?
            Oh, I can't believe that I'll never see your sky or your trees again.
            Oh, the girls and the wine and the living were fine, I shouldn't complain
            but then,
            You give damned short rides on this fairground of yours, Lord, oh please
            let me go 'round again."
            -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
          • Craig Massey
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
              Hi Everyone,

              I realize this is about as far off topic as one could
              get. I mean this isn't even about the Dark Chicken
              Wing so please excuse me in advance.

              Many of you have attended games at my place and have
              met my dog Madison - a 20 month black lab. Well, my
              brother and more precisely, his dog just had a litter
              of puppies - 11 black and chocolate ones. His dog is
              Madison's mother and the father of this litter is the
              same as well. They were born 4 weeks ago and will be
              ready for good homes come Christmas time.

              So, if there is anyone out there who is thinking about
              getting a puppy, or wasn't thinking that but now is,
              here is your chance. If you are interested, drop me
              an email for more details. The puppies are pure breed
              labs - just not AKC registered. My brother and his
              familily will be in Boston for Christmas and is
              willing to bring out a pooch or three along if there
              are good homes for them.

              Again, please email me off the list if you are
              interested with any questions, etc. and I can fill in
              the details. Suffice it to say, I can vouch for the
              stock of the mother and father of the litter. Maddie
              is a great dog and we have had no problems with her.
              She has only eaten one game piece since here arrival
              at our house and that was really Alan's fault. What
              would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
              for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

              Now back to your regularly scheduled gaming and
              science fiction conversations.

              Craig

              =====
              Craig W. Massey
              cwmassey@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
                --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
                > What
                > would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
                > for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

                I'll answer for Matt: A new lap puppy.

                Richard

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com