Re: [Unity_Games] KK&K (was Holiday Gaming - Abenteuer Menschheit)

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
      1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
      everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

      2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards and have more
      than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play a triple and try to recruit
      away an investor.

      Everything else lined up with how we play it at B2O.

      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@...>

      At 04:03 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
      >I also got to learn the correct rules to KK&K. I was explaining to Becky
      in
      >the car ride over that some groups have different house rules for certain
      >games. When I pointed this out to her at the table, I was told that "We
      >used to play with Sid. These aren't house rules, they are THE rules." I
      >didn't argue and we proceeded to play. Without Campbell's misdirection, I
      >was able to secure victory.

      So what are the "correct" rules?!? Inquiring minds want to know!

      Mark

    • AndAgainMA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
        While we're konfirming korrect KK&K. The rules, I believe, state that you
        must contribute to a deal - either by being the boss or with an investor card
        - in order to get money from it, and so you cannot make threats such as "cut
        me in or this deal doesn't happen."
        Is this one of the correct rules?
        Andrew

      • Adam Smiles
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
          Yes, that is correct. You must contribute either an investor or by being
          the boss.

          ----Original Message Follows----

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
            Adam wrote [re: KK&K rules]
            > 1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
            > everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

            Having played this way twice, I don't think I would play this way again.

            > 2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards
            > and have more than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play
            > a triple and try to recruit away an investor.

            Hmm... I'm not sure I'd play this way either but I'll have to think about
            it. I like the forced deals - makes the game speedier by forcing the issue
            and I think that's a good thing!

            daveber@... (New Mail! remove NOSPAM to use)
            No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905
          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
              At 04:20 PM 12/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
              >1. Money isn't hidden. You don't have to reveal how much you have, but
              >everyone must be able to see your pile in front of you.

              I've actually always known about this one, but I'd rather not play that
              way. If the money were all the same color I'd have a lot less problem with
              it. The less known about everyone's finances the better.

              >2. You are never required to make a deal. If you draw cards and have more
              >than 12, you must discard down to 12 or play a triple and try to recruit
              >away an investor.

              I probably read this rule wrong and thus taught this improperly since
              my first game! I can't say I'm unhappy I did though. I think it could
              make the game drag if people started searching for the *perfect* hand or
              something. In fact I still like our house rule of forcing you to make a
              deal if you have 9 or more cards. Keeps things moving.

              Mark

              "Lord, can I go 'round again? Please can I go 'round again?
              Oh, I can't believe that I'll never see your sky or your trees again.
              Oh, the girls and the wine and the living were fine, I shouldn't complain
              but then,
              You give damned short rides on this fairground of yours, Lord, oh please
              let me go 'round again."
              -- from "Go 'Round Again" by Benny Hill
            • Craig Massey
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2002
                Hi Everyone,

                I realize this is about as far off topic as one could
                get. I mean this isn't even about the Dark Chicken
                Wing so please excuse me in advance.

                Many of you have attended games at my place and have
                met my dog Madison - a 20 month black lab. Well, my
                brother and more precisely, his dog just had a litter
                of puppies - 11 black and chocolate ones. His dog is
                Madison's mother and the father of this litter is the
                same as well. They were born 4 weeks ago and will be
                ready for good homes come Christmas time.

                So, if there is anyone out there who is thinking about
                getting a puppy, or wasn't thinking that but now is,
                here is your chance. If you are interested, drop me
                an email for more details. The puppies are pure breed
                labs - just not AKC registered. My brother and his
                familily will be in Boston for Christmas and is
                willing to bring out a pooch or three along if there
                are good homes for them.

                Again, please email me off the list if you are
                interested with any questions, etc. and I can fill in
                the details. Suffice it to say, I can vouch for the
                stock of the mother and father of the litter. Maddie
                is a great dog and we have had no problems with her.
                She has only eaten one game piece since here arrival
                at our house and that was really Alan's fault. What
                would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
                for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

                Now back to your regularly scheduled gaming and
                science fiction conversations.

                Craig

                =====
                Craig W. Massey
                cwmassey@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2002
                  --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
                  > What
                  > would be better than a new lab puppy under the tree
                  > for the holidays? (matt don't answer that)

                  I'll answer for Matt: A new lap puppy.

                  Richard

                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com