RicochetRobot results - Nov '02

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
      Wow! Photo finish last month with 4 points separating the top 3 spots!
      1. Susan Donhim 113
      2. mcdirge 112
      3. rjk 109

      You'd think we had money on this or something. Hmmm....

      mcdirge is back on track, after a month near the middle, he is back in the top 3. Congrats Ben. Ookpik took a long slide from first to 4th. Too much turkey, not enough GRAVY!

      The middle of the pack is pretty contentious, too, with myself (danger), devjoe, asmiles, NotJeff, sparrowhawk, spike, jesse and qarlo all separated by 20 points. devjoe made a big jump this month, moving up 6 spots. NotJeff was NotBad, upping 5 slots to 8th place.

      socrates slipped 5 to 16th place. Hey, Ryan, try spending a little less time saving lives and little more time playing games, damnit! Stat!

      orthogopher continues to disprove the theory that practice makes perfect, slipping 3 to 17th. haleon brings up the rear (he's always up the rear) with 17 points.

      The big story, though, is nix342's plummet from 2nd place in October to 15th! I haven't seen such a bad performance since Glitter.

      And finally, Craig must have been too busy compiling useless Top 10 lists, as he didn't even place this month.

      Here are the final scores for the month of November:

      Place Name Score
      1 Susan Donhim 113
      5 danger 71
      6 devjoe 64
      7 asmiles 60
      8 NotJeff 58
      9 sparrowhawk 57
      10 spike 56
      11 jesse 52
      12 qarlo 51
      13 DougOrleans 47
      14 ganska 44
      15 nix342 41
      16 socrates 39
      17 orthogopher 37
      18 CyderJack 22
      19 haleon 17

      Once again, if you are interested in competing, go to RicochetRobot.com, create an account, and request permission to join the "Unity Games" division.

      --------

      Matthew J. Horn
      Sr. Technical Writer
      < m a c r o m e d i a >
    • Susan Dohnim
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Thought I'd add my traditional addendum.

        November was an excellent month for Unity on the top end of the Big Board,
        showing exactly how insanely tough things were on the top end in Unity last
        month. Not only did four UG'ers finish in the top 50, four UG'ers finished
        in the top 25! Probably our best month ever.

        13. mcdirge 567 27.00
        16. Susan Dohnim 512 24.38
        21. ookpik 451 22.55
        24. rjk 425 22.37

        Congrats to Ben (mcdirge) for an insanely good first-half of the month (in
        which he was often in the top 5) . . . and a 13th place finish overall at
        the end ain't too shabby.

        Unfortunately, there is a <cough> small gap between Ronald and the next
        UG'ers on the list:

        102. danger 221 11.63
        114. NotJeff 203 9.67

        Congrats to Matt for making Skilled this month, and condolences to NotJeff
        for missing it by a nose.

        I'll end by asking again mcdirge and ookpik to consider joining the USA
        Talent Pool for the monthly battle agains the Euros. Ronald and I need all
        the help we can get against the smelly Europeans, who pasted us good last
        month.