Daily Set Puzzler

  • Campbell MacInnes
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
      Hey all, just a quickie that could help me.

      Now I'm no genius with the game Set (now, now, stifle your gasps of
      amazement...calm yourselves), but I try to play the daily online Set
      puzzle as often as I can, to at least go through the motions of
      honing my skills (said puzzle located at http://www.setgame.com/).

      I have to say, the one for today is bugging me. I can usually get all
      6 sets in the group, even if it sometimes takes some time, but this
      time, I can only get 5 of the 6. I just KNOW the 6th is sitting
      there, obvious as the sun in the sky, but I can't see it.

      Can anyone point out the one I've missed?

      http://www.sennicam.com/setpuzzler.htm

      Oh, and for anyone interested, I've compiled my own list of online
      games at http://www.sennicam.com/onlinegermangames.htm

      It's shorter than some, but has most of the common games people seem
      to like online.

      Thanks.

      --Campbell
    • Ronald J Kimball
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
        On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:11:14AM -0000, Campbell MacInnes wrote:

        > Now I'm no genius with the game Set (now, now, stifle your gasps of
        > amazement...calm yourselves), but I try to play the daily online Set
        > puzzle as often as I can, to at least go through the motions of
        > honing my skills (said puzzle located at http://www.setgame.com/).
        >
        > I have to say, the one for today is bugging me. I can usually get all
        > 6 sets in the group, even if it sometimes takes some time, but this
        > time, I can only get 5 of the 6. I just KNOW the 6th is sitting
        > there, obvious as the sun in the sky, but I can't see it.
        >
        > Can anyone point out the one I've missed?
        >
        > http://www.sennicam.com/setpuzzler.htm

        I believe it's the one hollow purple squiggle, the two shaded green
        diamonds, and the three solid red ovals.

        Ronald
      • Campbell MacInnes
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2002
          --- In Unity_Games@y..., Ronald J Kimball <rjk@l...> wrote:
          > On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:11:14AM -0000, Campbell MacInnes wrote:
          > >
          > > Can anyone point out the one I've missed?
          > >
          > > http://www.sennicam.com/setpuzzler.htm
          > >

          > I believe it's the one hollow purple squiggle, the two shaded green
          > diamonds, and the three solid red ovals.
          >
          > Ronald

          Like I said, I knew it was just staring me in the face... Been
          driving me batty. You sir, are a gem.

          --Campbell
        • Eric Shultz
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
            Campbell, you are a glutton for punishment, aren't
            you? I once mentioned that it took me a few minutes
            to find all 6, which opened the Pandora's Box of Set
            addicted braggarts. I'm sure by now the replies to
            this message I saw have carefully explained - like you
            would to a 2 year old - where the 6th set is. I'll
            try to take some of the heat off you.

            It took me about 15 seconds to find 5 sets. It took me
            over 7 minutes to find all 6.

            Eric Shultz

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com