Re: [Unity_Games] Thoughts on La Citta

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2000

      > All in all I think this is a great game and one which
      > raises the bar for german games in terms of the amount
      > of strategic depth. If I were rating this game on a
      > number of different fronts here is how it would go.

      I think of La Citta as similar in scope to something like Vinci (a game I
      really love). But I don't see most German games moving to a Vinci/La Citta
      depth. I see those games as being a bridge of sorts between the deeper and
      possibly more strategic Avalon Hill type games of the past (History of the
      World, Britannia, Civ) and the simpler, shorter, sleeker, and elegant German
      strategy games. Games like Vinci and La Citta can be a nice compromise when
      you don't want to play a 6 hour game, but want something more than a 1 hour
      game.

      dber@...