Re: [Unity_Games] Ricochet Robot standings: October 2002

  • Susan Dohnim
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      >Nix342 (Nick) rocketed from 7th in September to share 2nd last month with
      >Susan (who might be Kyle), who slipped one spot. Expect Kyle to slip
      >farther as he spends more time playing Hick Hack.

      How did I slip one spot if I came in second, and Dave came in first last
      month?! (I confess, were it not for an excellent last week, I well could
      have *shudder* placed below that "danger" character. He was one point behind
      me at one time.)

      Perhaps I'm not the only one spending too much time in Gacklewack. Though
      I've recently retired, of course :).

      Surf the Web without missing calls!�Get MSN Broadband.
    • Ronald J Kimball
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 09:42:13AM -0500, Matthew Horn wrote:
        > Some big moves this month among the Unity Gamers competing daily on
        > www.RicochetRobot.com.
        >
        > ookpik (Dave F) held onto his first-place spot for the month of October,
        > bringing his streak to 3 straight months of first place
        > finishes. Congrats Dave!
        >
        > Nix342 (Nick) rocketed from 7th in September to share 2nd last month with
        > Susan (who might be Kyle), who slipped one spot. Expect Kyle to slip
        > farther as he spends more time playing Hick Hack.

        There's more to the story than this. ookpik and nix342 were actually
        fighting it out for first place until the last few days of the month. I
        began the month poorly, but started improving again halfway through and was
        competing with SusanDohnim (Kyle) for third. At the end Dave pulled ahead,
        while Nick slipped a bit, allowing Kyle to catch up and share second, with
        me close behind in fourth.

        Ronald
      • Susan Dohnim
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          >From: Ronald J Kimball <rjk@...>
          >There's more to the story than this. ookpik and nix342 were actually
          >fighting it out for first place until the last few days of the month. I
          >began the month poorly, but started improving again halfway through and was
          >competing with SusanDohnim (Kyle) for third. At the end Dave pulled ahead,
          >while Nick slipped a bit, allowing Kyle to catch up and share second, with
          >me close behind in fourth.
          >
          >Ronald

          There's more to the story than even *that*. I wouldn't say that Nick slipped
          up so much as I had a tremendously good last week. Which brings us to the
          not unimportant tally of those who scored well in the Overall division. Yes,
          there are other ricochet players out there, believe it or not!

          17th (515): Susan Dohnim
          41st (387): Ookpik
          46th (365): rjk
          60th (329): Nix342
          73rd (290): Socrates

          Ronald needed a good last day to get into Elite, and he did. Nick, on the
          other hand, caved under the pressure :). My good score is primarily due to
          the fact that I usually have a really really good day . . . or finish in the
          bottom half.

          I'll also point out that Ronald made the cut for the US team -- we're
          competing against the smelly Europeans in a monthly 20 on 20 match. Any of
          you that want to join, ask for an invite to the US Talent Pool. I'm sure
          that Mr. Fontes has what it takes . . . not so sure about the rest of you
          :).

          (Now watch me slip to 200th in the rankings this month.)

        • rsecan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
            In my defense, when I actually play, I do alright, but I seem to miss
            too many days. What with being an important doctor and all. . .Oh,
            never mind, I just suck. But I'm getting better. . .

            Ryan