Ricochet Robot standings: October 2002

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Some big moves this month among the Unity Gamers competing daily on www.RicochetRobot.com.

      ookpik (Dave F) held onto his first-place spot for the month of October, bringing his streak to 3 straight months of first place finishes. Congrats Dave!

      Nix342 (Nick) rocketed from 7th in September to share 2nd last month with Susan (who might be Kyle), who slipped one spot. Expect Kyle to slip farther as he spends more time playing Hick Hack.

      rjk (Ronald) seems to be getting back into the groove as he moved up from 5th to 4th. I (danger) followed his lead, moving up 1 from 6th to 5th.

      mcdirge (Ben) showed that he's actually human, slipping from 3rd to 11th, and devjoe fared no better, falling 8 places from 4th to 12th. Look out below!

      jesse and qarlo both had big moves on the upside, moving up 5 and 6 places, respectively. Socrates (Ryan) continues his tortuously slow climb back into respectability with a move from 10th to 8th place. ganska (Ralph) continued his lateral movement, maintaining a stranglehold on 14th place. Way to go Ralph!

      asmiles (Adam) and spike stayed solidly in the middle of the pack, swapping places from the previous month. They effectively prove that mediocrity brings contempt.

      cwmassey's (Craig) performance helped orthogopher (Scott2) and haleon (Campbell) stay out of last place. Word is Campbell was in jail for much of the month, with only limited internet access. Musta been a federal, pound-me-in-the-ass prison, since he slipped from 10th to 16th. I don't know what Craig's excuse is, but it likely involves a broom handle.

      alias points
      ookpik 120
      nix342 109
      SusanDonhim 109
      rjk 107
      danger 96
      jesse 93
      qarlo 83
      asmiles 79
      spike 76
      socrates 75
      mcdirge 61
      devjoe 53
      ganska 31
      orthogopher 26
      haleon 20
      cwmassey 5

      As always, if you want to join, create an account at www.ricochetrobot.com, request an invitation to the Unity Games division, and then shoot me an email so I approve your request.

      Cheers,

      matt
    • Susan Dohnim
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        >Nix342 (Nick) rocketed from 7th in September to share 2nd last month with
        >Susan (who might be Kyle), who slipped one spot. Expect Kyle to slip
        >farther as he spends more time playing Hick Hack.

        How did I slip one spot if I came in second, and Dave came in first last
        month?! (I confess, were it not for an excellent last week, I well could
        have *shudder* placed below that "danger" character. He was one point behind
        me at one time.)

        Perhaps I'm not the only one spending too much time in Gacklewack. Though
        I've recently retired, of course :).

        Surf the Web without missing calls!�Get MSN Broadband.
      • Ronald J Kimball
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
          On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 09:42:13AM -0500, Matthew Horn wrote:
          > Some big moves this month among the Unity Gamers competing daily on
          > www.RicochetRobot.com.
          >
          > ookpik (Dave F) held onto his first-place spot for the month of October,
          > bringing his streak to 3 straight months of first place
          > finishes. Congrats Dave!
          >
          > Nix342 (Nick) rocketed from 7th in September to share 2nd last month with
          > Susan (who might be Kyle), who slipped one spot. Expect Kyle to slip
          > farther as he spends more time playing Hick Hack.

          There's more to the story than this. ookpik and nix342 were actually
          fighting it out for first place until the last few days of the month. I
          began the month poorly, but started improving again halfway through and was
          competing with SusanDohnim (Kyle) for third. At the end Dave pulled ahead,
          while Nick slipped a bit, allowing Kyle to catch up and share second, with
          me close behind in fourth.

          Ronald
        • Susan Dohnim
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
            >From: Ronald J Kimball <rjk@...>
            >There's more to the story than this. ookpik and nix342 were actually
            >fighting it out for first place until the last few days of the month. I
            >began the month poorly, but started improving again halfway through and was
            >competing with SusanDohnim (Kyle) for third. At the end Dave pulled ahead,
            >while Nick slipped a bit, allowing Kyle to catch up and share second, with
            >me close behind in fourth.
            >
            >Ronald

            There's more to the story than even *that*. I wouldn't say that Nick slipped
            up so much as I had a tremendously good last week. Which brings us to the
            not unimportant tally of those who scored well in the Overall division. Yes,
            there are other ricochet players out there, believe it or not!

            17th (515): Susan Dohnim
            41st (387): Ookpik
            46th (365): rjk
            60th (329): Nix342
            73rd (290): Socrates

            Ronald needed a good last day to get into Elite, and he did. Nick, on the
            other hand, caved under the pressure :). My good score is primarily due to
            the fact that I usually have a really really good day . . . or finish in the
            bottom half.

            I'll also point out that Ronald made the cut for the US team -- we're
            competing against the smelly Europeans in a monthly 20 on 20 match. Any of
            you that want to join, ask for an invite to the US Talent Pool. I'm sure
            that Mr. Fontes has what it takes . . . not so sure about the rest of you
            :).

            (Now watch me slip to 200th in the rankings this month.)

          • rsecan
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
              In my defense, when I actually play, I do alright, but I seem to miss
              too many days. What with being an important doctor and all. . .Oh,
              never mind, I just suck. But I'm getting better. . .

              Ryan