Re: [Unity_Games] October Top 10

  • Eric Shultz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
      > 7) 6 nimmt!
      >
      > Plus, I
      > recently got explained
      > to me (sort of), the significance of the bull heads,

      And the significance is....?

      HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
      http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
        Well, nice to hear reports on the new games!!

        I haven't played very many of the new games since Essen but two I can report
        on were the San Marco Card Game (I now forget the real title, it's not
        called that...). I thought it was a fantastic 2P game - giving me the "I
        slice the pie and you choose the piece first" excitement of San Marco but in
        a reasonably fast-paced 30 minute game. I will be picking up 2 decks so I
        can play the 4P partnership variation (I've played 4P partnerships during
        the playtest of this game last year and remember enjoying that as well).

        Although not a new Essen release, I also got to play several games of the
        newish 2P Lord of the Rings - The Confrontation. I enjoyed this quite a bit
        as well - another fast and interesting 2P game with nice components. I've
        seen people argue about the Light Side vs. Dark Side (and which has an
        advantage) but I like the proposed scoring system in the rules - playing 2
        games with each player taking one side, then the other with the score of
        each of these games being related to how many pieces you've got left on the
        board.

        Other than that - October has been one of my lowest months game-wise in
        recent memory. But a lot of old favs have hit the table - Carcassonne
        (still well entrenched in my top-10 of all time), Liar's Dice, Wizard, High
        Society and Samurai. I learned Pueblo last week at SSG and found it quite
        good - a little bit of downtime as players examine the best place to place
        blocks, but even with that downtime we still completed a 4P game in about 50
        minutes.

        daveber@... (New Mail! remove NOSPAM to use)
        No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905