Hick Hack online

  • David Fontes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hey all,
      I've been working on a Flash version of Hick Hack in Gackelwack, and I
      think I am at a point where I can "release" it. Let's call this a beta
      testing period. Anyone who wants to give it a try (it's you vs. 5 computer
      players) can head on over to http://www.mmiusa.com/gallery/hickhack.html and
      play. It'll require a fairly recent Flash plug-in (v.5 at least, I think).
      If you find any bugs let me know. The high score list is the last thing I
      added and is the least playtested, so that is a likely spot for bugs to show
      up. Also, there were some early problems with die rolls not being added
      correctly, but I think I fixed that. Still, keep an eye out for times when
      you win the die roll but don't get the points. Hopefully that won't happen,
      though.
      Oh, yeah. One other thing. There is NO negotiation right now. If two
      players play a bird of the same color, there will always be a dice fight. I
      may attempt to add this in later, but honestly it would be really hard!
      Negotiation is for wimps, anyway!
      -David

      =============
      David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      dfontes@...
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        dave, that rocks. I just played about 10 times before I won. whew.

        players) can head on over to http://www.mmiusa.com/gallery/hickhack.html <http://www.mmiusa.com/gallery/hickhack.html> and
        play. It'll require a fairly recent Flash plug-in (v.5 at least, I think).
        If you find any bugs let me know. The high score list is the last thing I
        added and is the least playtested, so that is a likely spot for bugs to show
        up. Also, there were some early problems with die rolls not being added
        correctly, but I think I fixed that. Still, keep an eye out for times when
        you win the die roll but don't get the points. Hopefully that won't happen,
        though.
        Oh, yeah. One other thing. There is NO negotiation right now. If two
        players play a bird of the same color, there will always be a dice fight. I
        may attempt to add this in later, but honestly it would be really hard!
        Negotiation is for wimps, anyway!
        -David

      • Phil Alberg
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          --- In Unity_Games@y..., David Fontes <dfontes@m...> wrote:
          <http://www.mmiusa.com/gallery/hickhack.html>

          Nicely done, Dave! Now I've got something to do while I wait for
          Craig to make his move in E&T...

          - Phil

          ...who may never get any work done ever again...
        • Richard Spoonts
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2002
            --- David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:
            > Negotiation is for wimps, anyway!

            This is one of the reasons I avoid games like KK&K and
            The Traders of Genoa.

            Richard

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/