New gaming venue in Providence, RI

  • Brian Stormont
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
      Hi,

      Larry at the Gamekeeper in the Arcade Building in downtown Providence
      asked if I'd spread the word about his latest dream. He wants to fill
      the building with gamers on Saturdays. So, he's gotten permission
      from the building owners to host open gaming from 10:00am to 4:00pm
      every Saturday. Games can be any style - board, roleplaying, war,
      minatures, etc. I'm told there is tablespace to accomodate 100+
      people - basically there are tables scattered throughout the 3 levels
      of the building.

      Feel free to tell anyone you might think would be interested - there's
      already been an article in at least one of the local college
      newspapers, and he's hoping to get articles in the others.

      Cheers,
      Brian
    • danger.mouse@attbi.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
        Brian,

        Do you have any plans to drop in on Larry's new
        venture? I was thinking of trying to get free for a
        short visit this Saturday around 2pm or so.

        Mark

      • danger.mouse@attbi.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2002
          > Brian,
          >
          > Do you have any plans to drop in on Larry's new
          > venture? I was thinking of trying to get free for a
          > short visit this Saturday around 2pm or so.
          >
          > Mark

          Doh. That was meant for Brian. Here's my feeble attempt to bring some relevance to the list...
          does anyone ELSE want to drop by the Arcade on Saturday and see what's what?

          Mark
        • Smullster
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
            I'm thinking of going. The Game Keeper is one of my favorite
            stores. The have a pretty good selection of games and the owner is
            super nice. He had mentioned that he was thinking of starting
            something up... glad he's gone through with it.

            Is there a particular time that people are going to show up?

            Regards,
            Allan

            --- In Unity_Games@y..., danger.mouse@a... wrote:

            > > Brian,
            > >
            > > Do you have any plans to drop in on Larry's new
            > > venture? I was thinking of trying to get free for a
            > > short visit this Saturday around 2pm or so.
            > >
            > > Mark
            >

            > Doh. That was meant for Brian. Here's my feeble attempt to
            bring some relevance to the list...
            > does anyone ELSE want to drop by the Arcade on Saturday and see
            what's what?

            > Mark
          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
              Allan,

              I'm thinking of dropping by around 2pm or so to check it out.

              And I agree Larry is a very nice guy (even if he's a bit of an
              oddball!). Then again how many of these game store owners aren't oddballs?
              ;-) I remember finding the Game Keeper and Larry in the mid to late 70's.
              Discovering a place that carried all those SPI and AH games was just an
              incredible feeling (although at that time you could find AH titles in Kay
              Bee's, etc.). I used to stop by after school sometimes and just browse.

              Mark

              --
              Mark Edwards
              danger.mouse@...

              If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area,
              check out Unity Games!
            • Mark Edwards
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 4, 2002
                Also, for Allan and anyone on the list that's going and hasn't met me, I'll
                be the guy with the Patriot's cap on. Not just any Patriots cap though, it's
                dark blue with the OLD Pat Patriot logo.