Depressed EBay Market?

  • Eric Shultz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
      Is the EBay Market depressed, or have all the idiots
      who overpay for things finally run out of money.

      I was considering selling my Conquest of the Empire,
      which I once saw go for $200. The highest end price I
      saw was $88.

      Fireball Island, which used to be this amazingly hard
      game to get, selling for $400 or more, can be had
      easily for $50 or less. The other standard EBay hot
      item, Dark Tower, is still holding at a little over
      $100. But it used to go for almost $200.

      Any ideas? Is it just the general state of the
      economy, or what?

      Eric Shultz

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2002
        Eric wrote:

        > Any ideas? Is it just the general state of the
        > economy, or what?

        Certainly the stability of the economy has cause more people to think about
        where to put extra hard earned dollars. However I think these things tend
        to go in waves - there are still items that I've been monitoring that have
        actually had their average price rise in the past year and still climbing.
        But many items have had their average prices fall. I don't follow
        boardgames on ebay much, mostly classic video games. Anyway, you can always
        wait it out a bit and see if the prices start to climb. Remember, it only
        takes 2 bidders working against eachother to get things skyrocketing!

        dber@...
        No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905