Electronic Spades Game

  • Henshaw, Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
      While at Kay Bee Toys, buying my Hang In There!, I noticed a electronic
      handheld game for Spades at a $5.99 price. I grabbed it and have played a
      few games. The beginner mode is rather easy to beat as it doesn't set you up
      or try to even set a 0 bid, but the pro level seems to use some nice tricks
      to set you. I've only beat it once on Pro so far (out of 3 games, but my
      computer partner makes some weird bids). If you like to play Spades and
      don't have 3 others around, it is not a bad deal. It is a little slow for an
      electronic game. It takes ~ 1/2 hour minimum per game. I've lost real games
      faster than that! Game is made by MGA entertainment.
      ScottH.

      ScottH.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
        "Henshaw, Scott" <scott.henshaw@...> wrote:

        >While at Kay Bee Toys, buying my Hang In There!, I
        >noticed a electronic handheld game for Spades
        >at a $5.99 price.

        Oh great! Now I can get beat by an electronic opponent too. It's
        not bad enough that I suck at Spades with real folk!

        I'm swearing off Spades. Jenn really likes it, but for trick
        taking games I'm sticking with something I have a chance of not
        finishing dead last - Wizard, Hearts and Where's Bob's Hat are on
        my current diet...

        That's a sweet price, however!

        dber@...