David Crane

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      With a little (ok, a lot) of help from Google, I see that David Crane is:
      a) a video game designer
      b) a British oil painter
      c) creator of Friends
      d) avid dancer (anag.)

      I think that the answer on Dave B's card is (a).

      So what do I win?

      Andrew
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
        Andrew wrote:
        > With a little (ok, a lot) of help from Google, I see that David Crane is:
        > a) a video game designer
        > b) a British oil painter
        > c) creator of Friends
        > d) avid dancer (anag.)
        >
        > I think that the answer on Dave B's card is (a).

        That's cheating!

        Yes, that's the David Crane I was referring to. He is the co-founder (along
        with 3 others) of Activision who pulled away from Atari in 1980 to produce
        high quality 2600 games. He created such great games as Pitfall, Freeway,
        Laster Blast, Dragster and Grand Prix (among others). Not many people also
        know that he did the graphics for Kaboom (game designed by Larry Kaplan
        based loosely on an older arcade game called Avalanche).

        > So what do I win?

        I've got a spare 2600 Pac-Man cart worth about 5 cents street value. Better
        yet, you can have one of my little Spin-4-It spinners if I can manage to
        find them!

        dber@...
        No Refuge? No Kidding! -- IKARUGA 020905
      • Frank Branham
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          But you have to promise to drive out into the desert and bury the
          cartridge.

          Dave....A book called "High Score" showed up on the cheap table at
          Books a Million down here recently. If you find a copy, and don't have
          one---you desperately want a copy.

          Moo
          Frank

          2 Odyssey 1's