Re: Ricochet Robot September standings

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
      Yea Kyle shut me down on the last day but I gotta point out that even
      though I was 3rd in our division I scored higher in the global
      standings.

      Top 10 unity placers in the Big League

      #40 mcdirge 393
      #47 Susan Dohnim 350
      #67 nix342 277
      #78 ookpik 251
      #82 danger 248
      #130 devjoe 165
      #145 rjk 151
      #170 socrates 123
      #180 asmiles 112
      #188 spike 98

      So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
      real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
      scheme of things.

      It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
      elite.
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
        heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We suck in the grand scheme of things".

        #40 mcdirge 393
        #47 Susan Dohnim 350
        #67 nix342 277
        #78 ookpik 251
        #82 danger 248
        #130 devjoe 165
        #145 rjk 151
        #170 socrates 123
        #180 asmiles 112
        #188 spike 98

        So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
        real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
        scheme of things.

        It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
        elite.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705052896:HM/A=1261185/R=2/id=noscript/*https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/yh/grp/300_01F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1261185/rand=933211596>

      • Susan Dohnim
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
          Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
          three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
          in the September scheme of things.

          I'm sure we'll do better this month. I mean, we could hardly do worse,
          right? :P

          KWINS

          >From: Matthew Horn <mhorn@...>
          >
          >heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We
          >suck in the grand scheme of things".

        • Ronald J Kimball
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
            On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:05:13PM -0400, Susan Dohnim wrote:
            > Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
            > three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
            > in the September scheme of things.

            Yes, I was in fact kept out of the Top 10 overall two months in a row, by
            other members of the Unity Games division. You stinkers!

            Last month I just couldn't get it together. Alas.

            Ronald
          • Susan Dohnim
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2002
              Speaking of Ricochet, DAMN did UG wake up today.

              So far, 121 people played today overall. I could score 30th -- in the top
              quartile -- and place 8th out out 11 in UG. Right behind devjoe, and further
              behind socrates, spike, NotJeff, ookpik, adam, and nix. Yeesh!

              Of course, I'd be a few dozen places ahead of the next guy on the list,
              Matt, but that wouldn't exactly be worth bragging about.

              KWINS