Re: Ricochet Robot September standings

  • qarlo2112
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      > Gainers
      > Ben (mcdirge) made a big surge from 8 to 4. Campbell (haleon) gets
      most improved award for scrambling up 5 spots to #10. Look for a
      slide back down soon, but let him enjoy is stay. Milquetoasty gainers
      included Ryan (socrates) up 1 to 13th place (way to go! party at your
      place!), quarlo up 1, and spike up a pair.

      There is no 'u' in qarlo. Just because every other word that begins
      with Q in the English language has a U following it, doesn't mean
      that my nickname does. And if you get it wrong again, Harlan Ellison
      is gonna come to your house and beat you up. Now pardon me while I go
      change my name to Danger1.

      QARLO
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
        Yea Kyle shut me down on the last day but I gotta point out that even
        though I was 3rd in our division I scored higher in the global
        standings.

        Top 10 unity placers in the Big League

        #40 mcdirge 393
        #47 Susan Dohnim 350
        #67 nix342 277
        #78 ookpik 251
        #82 danger 248
        #130 devjoe 165
        #145 rjk 151
        #170 socrates 123
        #180 asmiles 112
        #188 spike 98

        So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
        real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
        scheme of things.

        It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
        elite.
      • Matthew Horn
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
          heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We suck in the grand scheme of things".

          #40 mcdirge 393
          #47 Susan Dohnim 350
          #67 nix342 277
          #78 ookpik 251
          #82 danger 248
          #130 devjoe 165
          #145 rjk 151
          #170 socrates 123
          #180 asmiles 112
          #188 spike 98

          So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
          real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
          scheme of things.

          It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
          elite.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705052896:HM/A=1261185/R=2/id=noscript/*https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/yh/grp/300_01F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>
          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1261185/rand=933211596>

        • Susan Dohnim
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
            Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
            three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
            in the September scheme of things.

            I'm sure we'll do better this month. I mean, we could hardly do worse,
            right? :P

            KWINS

            >From: Matthew Horn <mhorn@...>
            >
            >heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We
            >suck in the grand scheme of things".

          • Ronald J Kimball
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
              On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:05:13PM -0400, Susan Dohnim wrote:
              > Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
              > three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
              > in the September scheme of things.

              Yes, I was in fact kept out of the Top 10 overall two months in a row, by
              other members of the Unity Games division. You stinkers!

              Last month I just couldn't get it together. Alas.

              Ronald
            • Susan Dohnim
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2002
                Speaking of Ricochet, DAMN did UG wake up today.

                So far, 121 people played today overall. I could score 30th -- in the top
                quartile -- and place 8th out out 11 in UG. Right behind devjoe, and further
                behind socrates, spike, NotJeff, ookpik, adam, and nix. Yeesh!

                Of course, I'd be a few dozen places ahead of the next guy on the list,
                Matt, but that wouldn't exactly be worth bragging about.

                KWINS