Re: [Unity_Games] September Top 10

  • Matthew Gray
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      > What exactly is this variant?

      >> #9) Evo
      >>
      >> I haven't played this one in many months. I enjoy it with the
      >> official rules, but am coming around to liking the "missing link"
      >> variant. I'm still really bad at it, in either case.

      The "missing link" variant is where you auction one fewer genes than
      there are players. This results in higher bids and greater tension in
      the auctions, since someone always goes gene-less. It is called the
      "missing link" variant because one of the cards (under the standard
      rules) allows you to run an auction this way once, and is called
      "Missing Link".

      My main concern with the variant is it reduces the total number of
      genes introduced, which I think may be a problem. I'm considering
      trying a variant where there is one or two gene auctions even before
      the game starts, to inject some genetic diversity into the game...

      ...Matthew