Ricochet Robot September standings

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      Congrats to Dave F (ookpik) for once again maintaining the top spot in the Unity Games Ricochet Robot Invitational for the month of September. This time his lead was not as comfortable, as KWINS (Susan Donhim) missed by 2 measly points.

      Gainers
      Ben (mcdirge) made a big surge from 8 to 4. Campbell (haleon) gets most improved award for scrambling up 5 spots to #10. Look for a slide back down soon, but let him enjoy is stay. Milquetoasty gainers included Ryan (socrates) up 1 to 13th place (way to go! party at your place!), quarlo up 1, and spike up a pair.

      Losers
      Adam is the big loser of the month, not only getting married but also slipping from 5th to 9th in the RicochetRyder Cup Challenge. Boy did she pick the wrong guy! Ronald (rjk) saw a big drop, too, from 2nd to 5th. Other mild slides include Jesse down a couple of spots, Craig down 4, and Ralph (ganska) down a deuce.

      Tweeners
      I held my own at #7, staving off a late month rally by nix342 and spike. Scott2 (orthogopher) must have been holding his own johnson, as he kept tight control of the #17 spot for the second straight month, despite a late-month effort by Craig (cwmassey).

      place-name-total-average
      1. ookpik 122 6.10
      2. Susan Dohnim 120 6.00
      3. mcdirge 114 5.70
      4. devjoe 89 4.45
      5. rjk 84 4.67
      6. danger 78 4.11
      7. nix342 76 4.00
      8. spike 74 3.70
      9. asmiles 54 4.91
      10. haleon 48 2.67
      11. jesse 45 2.50
      12. NotJeff 41 2.28
      13. socrates 40 3.64
      14. qarlo 37 3.08
      15. ganska 29 1.71
      16. cwmassey 15 1.88
      17. orthogopher 12 .67

      --------

      Matthew J. Horn
      Sr. Technical Writer
      < m a c r o m e d i a >
    • qarlo2112
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
        > Gainers
        > Ben (mcdirge) made a big surge from 8 to 4. Campbell (haleon) gets
        most improved award for scrambling up 5 spots to #10. Look for a
        slide back down soon, but let him enjoy is stay. Milquetoasty gainers
        included Ryan (socrates) up 1 to 13th place (way to go! party at your
        place!), quarlo up 1, and spike up a pair.

        There is no 'u' in qarlo. Just because every other word that begins
        with Q in the English language has a U following it, doesn't mean
        that my nickname does. And if you get it wrong again, Harlan Ellison
        is gonna come to your house and beat you up. Now pardon me while I go
        change my name to Danger1.

        QARLO
      • Ben
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
          Yea Kyle shut me down on the last day but I gotta point out that even
          though I was 3rd in our division I scored higher in the global
          standings.

          Top 10 unity placers in the Big League

          #40 mcdirge 393
          #47 Susan Dohnim 350
          #67 nix342 277
          #78 ookpik 251
          #82 danger 248
          #130 devjoe 165
          #145 rjk 151
          #170 socrates 123
          #180 asmiles 112
          #188 spike 98

          So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
          real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
          scheme of things.

          It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
          elite.
        • Matthew Horn
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
            heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We suck in the grand scheme of things".

            #40 mcdirge 393
            #47 Susan Dohnim 350
            #67 nix342 277
            #78 ookpik 251
            #82 danger 248
            #130 devjoe 165
            #145 rjk 151
            #170 socrates 123
            #180 asmiles 112
            #188 spike 98

            So what does this mean? Dave had a bunch of his scores ousted by the
            real contenders. But more importantly that we all suck in the grand
            scheme of things.

            It's more fun to get top scores in casual than to skim the barel in
            elite.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupweb/S=1705052896:HM/A=1261185/R=2/id=noscript/*https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/yh/grp/300_01F/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>
            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=233351.2428261.3848243.2225242/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1261185/rand=933211596>

          • Susan Dohnim
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
              Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
              three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
              in the September scheme of things.

              I'm sure we'll do better this month. I mean, we could hardly do worse,
              right? :P

              KWINS

              >From: Matthew Horn <mhorn@...>
              >
              >heh. I think I'll change the slogan for the Unity Games division to "We
              >suck in the grand scheme of things".

            • Ronald J Kimball
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2002
                On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:05:13PM -0400, Susan Dohnim wrote:
                > Don't be so hasty . . . Ronald scored 11th in two months, I scored 10th
                > three months ago, and Dave scored 10th the month before last -- we just suck
                > in the September scheme of things.

                Yes, I was in fact kept out of the Top 10 overall two months in a row, by
                other members of the Unity Games division. You stinkers!

                Last month I just couldn't get it together. Alas.

                Ronald
              • Susan Dohnim
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 3, 2002
                  Speaking of Ricochet, DAMN did UG wake up today.

                  So far, 121 people played today overall. I could score 30th -- in the top
                  quartile -- and place 8th out out 11 in UG. Right behind devjoe, and further
                  behind socrates, spike, NotJeff, ookpik, adam, and nix. Yeesh!

                  Of course, I'd be a few dozen places ahead of the next guy on the list,
                  Matt, but that wouldn't exactly be worth bragging about.

                  KWINS