Re: SR: Piecepack Hanging Gardens, Pueblo, Burn Rate, Goldland.

  • DougOrleans
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
      Hi Vitas! I wish I had gotten there earlier to play Hanging Gardens! Thanks for writing up our Goldland game. I think this is the first time I've shown up in someone's session report! I have some minor corrections and comments, and a rule we got wrong:

      --- In Unity_Games@y..., Vitas Povilaitis <vitas@g...> wrote:
      > Goldland
      >
      > Players were Ralph, Doug, Jeff, Karl and myself. Ralph and I played
      > before.

      I'd played it twice before, also.

      > The game ended in a little over an hour and a half,

      It would have been 15-20 minutes shorter without the rules debate in the middle...

      > Doug scoring the win because he stole an adventure token from
      > Jeff.

      Actually, I snagged it from Ralph on the last turn; if I hadn't, Jeff would have won, and Ralph and I would have tied for second with 18 each. I don't think either Jeff or Ralph were happy with this...

      One important rule we got wrong is that after the first round after players first reach the temple, the pile of bonus gold is removed, but the remaining amulets stay around (we had removed those also). This means that later players can still get some points for going to the temple, as well as reduce the other player's scores by taking some of the gold income that they would have gotten. At one point Jeff asked whether there was any reason to go to the temple after the amulets had gone, and I had remembered that later players did get gold income, but the rules said that only players with amulets get the income-- I didn't think to question the removal of the amulets. I think Jeff probably would have been able to win if we had played that rule right.

      --dougo@...