tops of August

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2002
      My game of the month would have to be Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation.
      I've played 5 times this month (in the last couple of weeks, in fact). Light
      has won 4 of those games. As Matthew says, Frodo is difficult to catch. This
      is especially true once he gets across the mountains.
      Blokus would also be high on the list. Since getting a copy this month, I've
      played 6 times.
      I have some doubts about how many plays there are in each of these games,
      though.
      I've played Mu twice this month. It always feels to me like one of the more
      weird of weird trick-taking games, but I like it a lot, and could stand to
      play it more often than I seem to. Talking of WTTGs, I finally got to break
      in my copy of Tin Soldiers, and enjoyed it. We played the 4P partnership
      version. And talking of partnership games, Die Sieben Weisen would be on my
      August top 10.
      Craig is right to identify me as a fan of La Citta. Scott H is also keen on
      the game, and usually keen for a game. We talked about playing this last
      Friday @B2O, but I had to leave earlyish, and so there wasn't time.
      It was a fairly active gaming month by the standards of my 2002 so far, with
      59 games played (30something different).
      Andrew