Brief SNOB SR

  • Matthew Gray
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      Attending: Matthew, Richard, Brian, Luke, Ronald, Max

      Games played: Hase & Igel, Tutanchamun, 6 nimmt!, Elefantentparade, Cape Horn.

      HASE & IGEL

      Having 6, we had a limited selection, but everyone seemed interested
      in Hase & Igel. I rapidly realized that some of the strategies are
      very different with 6 than they are even with 5. Those lettuce spaces
      are occupied that much more. After an early split of the group into
      the hares and the hedgehogs, Brian pulled out the win by at least a
      full turn.

      6 NIMMT!

      One of the closest games I've seen of this. The first couple rounds
      were reasonably tight, though some players were well into the 30's
      while the leaders were in the teens. After a third round, noone had
      passed 66. On the fourth round, two players passed 66 and Max won
      with 48 points, with the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place players all having
      scores in the 60's.

      TUTANCHAMUN

      Quite quick with six players, and subject to perhaps some
      unintentional kingmaking. In the end, I won by passing 0, closely
      followed by Brian and Richard.

      ELEFANTENPARADE

      We split into two groups of three, and I thought Brian would enjoy
      this game, so he, Max and I played, while Richard, Ronald, and Luke
      played Cape Horn. Elefantenparade is a game that looks really simple,
      but at least for me, has taken some getting used to the subtleties.
      Brian and Max played well, but experience won out and I won, having
      taken an almost unbeatable lead at the halfway point. Fortunately, it
      plays quick. We were tempted to play again, but decided to call it a
      night.

      Despite our behavior, I don't think Max was scared away, and it was
      good to have two simultaneous tables going again at SNOB. SNOB will
      be on again on the 19th.

      ...Matthew
    • Richard Spoonts
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        Matthew,

        Could you comment on the mechanics and game play of
        Elefantenparade? Also, did Brian actually enjoy the
        game?

        Richard

        http://health.yahoo.com