Gaming/Movie weekend, June 7th - 9th - Reminder (and request)

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      It's getting to be that time again. I am struggling to get the house cleaned
      up, and the interactive game I had planned may not be finished in time.

      In order to help me out, I am asking everyone to come up with (at least) one
      puzzle for each of the two parts of the game. If enough of you do this (yeah,
      right!), we may be able to play for real. If not, I'll just present the ones
      I've come up with (and the good ones you come up with) at some point over the
      weekend, giving a prize to the first person who can solve each one. In any
      event, I will give a prize to the best response in each category.

      Part 1 is based on the short lived TV show SMUSH. The trick is to tie 2 items
      together to make a third. As an example:

      Boston Baseball team stepped in some gum becomes "big RED sox" where Big
      RED (the gum) combines with RED sox (the baseball team) to make a single
      combined "SMUSH". Preferably one item will be a game and the other a Movie
      or TV show.

      The second trick will be to tie games and movies via similar scenarios. As an
      example:

      Produces lots of bad movies (and an occasional good one) FULL MOON
      Produces lots of bad games (and an occasional good one) ALAN MOON

      Again, I will give a prize to the best response.

      Anyway, with or without the interactive game, there will be plenty of card
      and board games, pool, crokinole (assuming at least one of you brings a
      board), video games, and movies. Weather permitting, we will have a cookout
      on Saturday night. Otherwise I will cook up a batch of chili.

      As always, there is plenty of crash space for anyone wishing to stay over.

      For more info, or directions, please email me.

      Hope to see everyone next weekend.

      -Matt