Re: [Unity_Games] Best Games for 6 Players?

  • Eric Shultz
    Message 1 of 31 , May 29, 2002
      I suppose it all goes back to who you play with.
      Watching someone with poor visual spatial skills try
      for 10 minutes to fit a Carcassonne tile where it just
      will drive you crazy. I've played some 3-player
      Settlers that took close to 2 hours.

      I don't think a game should automatically be excluded
      because it's long, but it should certainly be noted.

      Eric Shultz

      In the end it took me a dictionary
      To find out the meaning of unrequited
      -Billy Bragg

      (I liked the lyrics signature and wanted in.)

      --- Constantine von Hoffman <c@...> wrote:
      > i agree with all this EXCEPT for the settlers part.
      > i think it's just too
      > damn slow and too damn long with 6. yes, there's
      > something even i don't
      > like about settlers.
      >
      > and i must disagree with Dave B., i think carcassone
      > with 6 is a lot of fun.
      >
      > At 10:46 AM 5/29/02 -0400, David Fontes wrote:
      >
      > >Dune is The Best 6 player game. No consensus
      > opinion required. ;>
      > >
      > >Some lesser options (other than the lighter fare
      > already suggested) could be
      > >KK & K, Hare & Tortoise, Vinci, Bohnanza, Dragon's
      > Gold, Liar's Dice/Bluff,
      > >Citadels, Wildlife Adventure/Expedition, and
      > Ursuppe or Settlers with the
      > >appropriate expansions.
      > >-David
      >
      > Constantine
      >
      > You think I'm your fool
      > Well you may just be right
      > --Michael McDonald

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • jmhuber_2000
      Message 31 of 31 , May 31, 2002
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "mcdirge" <mcdirge@y...> wrote:

        > What is the consensus opinion for Best 6 player games?

        Don't know about the consensus opinion, but with six players I enjoy:

        Showmanager (best with 6, though still fine with fewer)

        6 Day Race (best with 6-8)

        Autoscooter (best with 8; fine with 6)

        The Great Dalmuti (best with about 7; 6 works quite well)

        Der fliegende Hollaender (best with 6; drops off significantly with
        fewer)

        Hick Hack im Gackelwack (actually, I've played Razzia multiple times
        with six, but just finally got around to trying Hick Hack im
        Gackelwack. IMHO, it's clearly superior to Razzia - a much cleaner
        implementation of the same basic game - and should be an excellent
        choice for 6 even if I haven't played with that number yet)

        Time Agent (best with 6; 5 is OK)

        Wildlife Adventure (I prefer it with 4, but 6 works fine)

        Carabande (best with 6-8)

        Sextet (a.k.a. 6 player bridge - requires 6)

        Entenrallye (no idea of the best number, but enjoyable with 5-6)

        Foppen (probably best with 5, but 6 works very well)

        Igel Aergern (best with 4, but with the right variants fine with 6)

        Viva Pamplona! (best with 6; I almost never play it _without_ 6)

        Wer Hat Mehr? (I think it's fine with 3-6; others seem to feel it -
        or Where's Bob's Hat - best with 3)

        Black Vienna (best with 4, fine with 6)

        Ave Caesar (best with 6, IMHO)

        New Orleans Big Band (best with 6)

        Outpost (best with about 5; 6 works well)

        Phantoms of the Ice / Powerplay (best with 6+)

        Pit (best with a spare voice)

        Spekulation (best with 5 or 6)

        Elfenland (best with 4 to 6)

        Joe