Best Games for 6 Players?

  • mcdirge
    Message 1 of 31 , May 29, 2002
      I had a group of 6 over this last weekend and I realized the only 2
      games I have that can do 6 are both Moon games (UP and Elfenland)

      Most of my favorites only go to 5. Apparently my collection needs
      some beefing up.

      So...
      What is the consensus opinion for Best 6 player games?
    • jmhuber_2000
      Message 31 of 31 , May 31, 2002
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "mcdirge" <mcdirge@y...> wrote:

        > What is the consensus opinion for Best 6 player games?

        Don't know about the consensus opinion, but with six players I enjoy:

        Showmanager (best with 6, though still fine with fewer)

        6 Day Race (best with 6-8)

        Autoscooter (best with 8; fine with 6)

        The Great Dalmuti (best with about 7; 6 works quite well)

        Der fliegende Hollaender (best with 6; drops off significantly with
        fewer)

        Hick Hack im Gackelwack (actually, I've played Razzia multiple times
        with six, but just finally got around to trying Hick Hack im
        Gackelwack. IMHO, it's clearly superior to Razzia - a much cleaner
        implementation of the same basic game - and should be an excellent
        choice for 6 even if I haven't played with that number yet)

        Time Agent (best with 6; 5 is OK)

        Wildlife Adventure (I prefer it with 4, but 6 works fine)

        Carabande (best with 6-8)

        Sextet (a.k.a. 6 player bridge - requires 6)

        Entenrallye (no idea of the best number, but enjoyable with 5-6)

        Foppen (probably best with 5, but 6 works very well)

        Igel Aergern (best with 4, but with the right variants fine with 6)

        Viva Pamplona! (best with 6; I almost never play it _without_ 6)

        Wer Hat Mehr? (I think it's fine with 3-6; others seem to feel it -
        or Where's Bob's Hat - best with 3)

        Black Vienna (best with 4, fine with 6)

        Ave Caesar (best with 6, IMHO)

        New Orleans Big Band (best with 6)

        Outpost (best with about 5; 6 works well)

        Phantoms of the Ice / Powerplay (best with 6+)

        Pit (best with a spare voice)

        Spekulation (best with 5 or 6)

        Elfenland (best with 4 to 6)

        Joe