SR: B2O May 24th, 2002

  • sahenshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      Sorry for the delay! Alison started so I will fill in a few blanks.
      Attendance: (17)Adam, Gary, Danielle, Ralph, Matt, Kyle, Ronda,
      Sharon, Scott A., Al, Terry E., Nick, ScottH., David F., Alison,
      Brian and Jim (others drifted down from upstairs but memory fails me).

      Games I Played:
      Werewolf: Celebrating Scott A.'s birthday with great food from his
      wife Sharon, cake, prizes from Dave T. & Scholars and large Werewolf
      Games! We had a 16 player game moderated by Terry E. We chose to have
      3 werewolves. Turns out 2 of them were experienced wolves. The
      villagers caught the newbie werewolf early, but never caught the
      other 2 crafty wolves. One young Magic player, Oscar, used a great "I
      can't be the werewolf I'm a vegetarian!" defense. It worked! We just
      couldn't hang the little guy. I almost felt bad when Kyle and I
      killed him the next night. They never caught on and the 2 evil wolves
      slaughterd the villagers.

      Fantasy Business: We had 7 players in a free wheeling game(?). It
      just got silly and there was no way to strategize a win. This can be
      fun with the right crowd (don't try to win this game, just enjoy the
      ride). Ronda was the most devious of the greedy traders.
      Scores: Ronda 189, Campbell 158, Kyle 144, Nick 141, ScottH 129,
      Sharon 104 & Terry E. 73

      Capitol- I taught this to 3 more new players. If I teach enough
      players I might just get to play this more! David F., Nick and new
      guy Jim picked up the game quickly enough. Scores were very tight
      through round 2. Round 3 had me and David start to pull away. Round 4
      was tight between the 2 of us. He capped a 3 story building with a
      round roof early in the round and I looked at the board and realized
      I had lost. It is really cool how some small action like that sets up
      so many possible results. I had to spend cards to counteract his
      building, leading me to lose the final temple bid ;-(
      great play Dave!
      Scores: David 49, Scott 40, Nick 29 & Jim 25
      The game was well received by all the players.

      Werewolf: As I was leaving, another game broke out. I stayed. We
      begged Matt to join, but he really resisted. So, I killed him 1st
      round to make the game short for him ;-).
      Once again as a werewolf with Scott A and his son joining me we
      attempted to kill those pesky villagers. I was elected early to be
      hung, but used a don't kill me I'm next on the werewolf hit list. It
      worked! Scott went to the rope early. His son followed shortly after.
      I was left against 4 villagers. I almost had Terry hang Nick, but
      they got me in the end. Almost worked!

      Great night and only one 'meaty' game.
      See you this Friday, with games from Germany in tow!
      ScottH.