SR: weekend

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002
      Sorry, no pictures, but here's a quick SR of some weekend games played:

      History of the World (6.5 hours): Brian, Matt/Craig, Kelli, Campbell, Adam, Kyle
      Long game with lots of die rolling and other random factors. Kyle was in a bad position from the start due to some unlucky "greater event" card draws. Craig had to bail after epoch 3, so I took over his empires. Kelli led for most of the way, but after a couple of "beatdown the leader" rounds, Brian and Adam made a big move into epoch 6.

      By the end of that Epoch, it was clear either Brian or Adam would win, but in Epoch 7, I played a couple good cards and had a 50-some-odd round, putting me squarely in the lead. It also helped that I went first, which gave me assloads of scoring. Unfortunately, I was only 40 or so points ahead of the two frontrunners. Brian came up short, but Adam did manage to make a good show and took the win.

      Adam: 192
      Matt: 180
      Brian: 172
      Kyle: 169
      Campbell: 168
      Kelli: 164
      ---------

      Funkenschlag: Matt, Brian, Kyle, Kelli, Adam, Campbell
      6 player game. We played a practice round to solidify the concepts and then broke for dinner. On returning, we got under way. Brian and I were in great positions, while the others were forced to fight for every city. Since we chose the short version of the game, you only have to get to 7 cities to end the game (with 6 players). Brian and I had 8 or 9 each at our disposals, while the others basically had 6 each, so it came down to a two man race towards the end. I eeked out a vic by $2. Obey giant.

      Hick Hack in Gackelwack
      6 player chicken-feedin' frenzy saw Campbell greedily gobble gobs of corn. Amaizing. I foxed when I shoulda cocked, and cocked when I shoulda foxed. Focker.

      Camp: 52
      Adam: 45
      Brian: 40
      Kyle: 32