Re: SR: MVGA Holliston

  • dhmiller1958
    Message 1 of 416 , May 4, 2002
      --- In Unity_Games@y..., "tom_cavsgame" <tom_cavsgame@y...> wrote:
      > I had a wonderful time Thursday in Holliston. This was the first
      > time I had been to a MVGA event.

      It was great to see a new face at MVGA!

      > We ended the night with Richard's copy of Das Amulett. The
      > third game of the night I had never played before. The others
      > were kind enough to teach me, again. I enjoy San Marco so I
      > had a feeling I would like this game, and I was correct. We
      > played an enjoyable game in which on the final round Richard
      > had pitty on Dan and let him take a low bid, because he had no
      > stones while the rest of us had five each. Dan went on to win
      > seven stones that turn for the game victory.

      Actually I had one gem going into the last round, and a whole
      stack of cards. Weird game - I was getting a lot of cards but
      fairly evenly distributed, and kept losing actions by a singe
      card (both the "overbid" cards were in play, not by me!). Late
      in the game I managed to grab two different "this metal is wild"
      powers and a "get two gems when you win an auction" power. The
      "low bid" was 7 cards in the city (7 was a standard price to pay
      for a gem) for 2. Reserving my wild cards I was able to win the
      other two auctions outside the city as well, for 4 more and the
      win.

      I only mention this in tedious detail as I was very losing in
      Puerto Rico and so, so losing in Acquire.

      > Thank you to the very nice gamers who taught me three new
      > games last night, I hade a great time. If you have not been to
      > Holliston on a Thursday night I suggest giving it a try.
      > Tom

      Dan Miller
    • Walter H. Hunt
      Message 416 of 416 , Nov 23, 2005