SA: UNITY GAMES 4 Announced! All Invited!

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Unity
      Games IV which will take place on July 20, 2002 from 10AM till
      11PM at the Wakefield West Side Social Club!

      The UG4 Webpage is at:

      http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug4/ug4.htm

      Everyone here is invited. As most of you know, the big Unity
      Games day events are held to try and bring as many local game
      groups and gamers together for a single day of board/card gaming.
      Virtually anything and everything will be played - from the
      latest board and card games to old favorites to the best in
      dexterity games. There will be a few special events during the
      day and as most that attended the previous Unity Games III it is
      an extremely fun day that you won't want to miss.

      We had a steerage committee that attempted to find the best
      location for UG4 - we had hoped to spread the UG events around so
      that they would be conveniently located to a different group of
      folks each time. But hall costs can be high and availability is
      not always easy and since we didn't want to push UG4 out any
      longer (it's been delayed enough!) we decided to host it back at
      the WestSide Social Club in Wakefield (very close to I95).
      Biggest thanks to Craig Massey for getting us booked again at the
      WSSC - the hall worked out really well last time and I'm looking
      forward to a return.

      Additional thanks go to the rest of the assembled steerage
      committee - Mark Edwrads, Andrew Watson, Walter, Campbell, Brian
      F and Constantine who provided support and ideas and spent some
      time looking for halls/etc.

      Cost will be $5 prepaid again ($7 at the door) - we will be
      seeding the prize table and buying a bit of goodies for snacks
      for the day. Please see the above website to see how you can
      sign-up and get us your $5 (it HELPS tremendously to have folks
      sign up early).

      We are looking forward to seeing many of you at Unity Games 4!

      As a personal note, without big Saturday SSG, I don't get to see
      as many of you on a regular basis as I would like - so I'm really
      excited to get the chance to spend a day gaming with my friends -
      hopefully many of you can attend!

      dber@...
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2002
        > I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Unity
        > Games IV which will take place on July 20, 2002 from 10AM till
        > 11PM at the Wakefield West Side Social Club!
        >
        > The UG4 Webpage is at:
        >
        > http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug4/ug4.htm

        Almost forgot - for any of the new folks that have not seen pics from UG3:

        http://www.sennicam.com/ug/UnityGames3.htm

        dber@...
      • Henshaw, Scott
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2002

          Oh, July 20th, you mean my Mother & Father's 50th Wedding Anniversary party
          day. ;-(
          Have Fun!

          ScottH.
        • asciola
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2002
            On Wed, 1 May 2002, Henshaw, Scott wrote:

> [...]

            I think Dave means your Mother & Father's 50th Wedding Anniversary
            party at the Wakefield West Side Social Club. Just make sure they sign up
            in advance to save $2 apiece.

            Hope this helps,

            Anthony
          • Matthew Horn
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2002
              Great! See you all there. Can we pay via PayPal? Last year I paid Andrew.... can I do that again?

              You can also view pictures from the event at www.knizia.com <http://www.knizia.com> . May offend or enlighten.

              > I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Unity
              > Games IV which will take place on July 20, 2002 from 10AM till
              > 11PM at the Wakefield West Side Social Club!
              >
              > The UG4 Webpage is at:
              >
              > http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug4/ug4.htm <http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug4/ug4.htm>

              Almost forgot - for any of the new folks that have not seen pics from UG3:

              http://www.sennicam.com/ug/UnityGames3.htm <http://www.sennicam.com/ug/UnityGames3.htm>

              dber@...
              http://www.gis.net/~dber <http://www.gis.net/~dber> (South Shore Gamers)

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=214508.1858224.3361270.1501205/D=egroupmail/S=1705052896:HM/A=950747/rand=520795753>

            • andagainma
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2002
                --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                > Can we pay via PayPal?

                Payment will probably be similar to last time: standard means of
                payment is cash to treasurer, or one of treasurer's trusted elves;
                Paypal to treasurer is backup option.

                Watch this space for more details (or pointers to them as Dave puts
                them on the web).

                Andrew, the once but probably not future treasurer.
              • unitycam
                Message 7 of 7 , May 1, 2002
                  --- In Unity_Games@y..., Dave Bernazzani <dber@g...> wrote:
                  > I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to Unity
                  > Games IV which will take place on July 20, 2002 from 10AM till
                  > 11PM at the Wakefield West Side Social Club!
                  >
                  > The UG4 Webpage is at:
                  >
                  > http://www.gis.net/~dber/ug4/ug4.htm

                  Oh Frapturous Joy! I personally am coming out of retirement for this
                  one. It has been too long since we had a UG event, and I'm feeling
                  that special itch... maybe Matt can show me a good place to get it
                  scratched?

                  I cannot wait!

                  --Campbell, I think