Open Gaming on Cape Cod!

  • David Fontes
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
      point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have been
      my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
      going on in Walpole.

      >From the April calendar:
      April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
      Game Night
      Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your own
      or choose one from our basket of games.

      Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
      this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
      Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a couple
      of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
      Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
      along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
      out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more detailed
      directions if necessary.

      Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
      will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
      stop coming to B20, too!)
      -David
      =====================
      David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      dfontes@...
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        David,

        Great news! I should be able to attend:
        - While I like to hit SSG to see some folks I rarely game with any more, this Cape Cod thing is only 1/month.
        - It's close to me.
        - I hear your wife swings. (ok, big grin on that one)

        You have to come up with a name, too... How about SSG? Unlike the existing SSG, it's actually south of Boston AND on the shore. :)

        It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
        point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have been
        my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
        going on in Walpole.

        >From the April calendar:
        April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
        Game Night
        Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your own
        or choose one from our basket of games.

        Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
        this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
        Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a couple
        of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
        Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
        along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
        out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more detailed
        directions if necessary.

        Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
        will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
        stop coming to B20, too!)
        -David
      • xyzhiker
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12 1:41 PM
          Any chance that this club still meets? I know it's almost a decade-old post. I live up near the Sagamore Bridge on the land-side and was looking for something going on around here. Started playing Crokinole a few weeks ago, have board will bring. Also a patzer chess player, love the Gigamic games (quarto, etc.), Cribbage, Backgammon, Spades, etc.

          I'll poke around the site a little more later.

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "David Fontes" <dfontes@...> wrote:

          > It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
          > point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have been
          > my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
          > going on in Walpole.
          >
          > >From the April calendar:
          > April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
          > Game Night
          > Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your own
          > or choose one from our basket of games.
          >
          > Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
          > this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
          > Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a couple
          > of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
          > Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
          > along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
          > out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more detailed
          > directions if necessary.
          >
          > Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
          > will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
          > stop coming to B20, too!)
          > -David
          > =====================
          > David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
          > dfontes@...

        • pizio.gaming
          Message 4 of 5 , May 12 4:47 PM
            I don’t know if the group is still active, however Dave is still an active
            Unity member and still down by the Cape.

            It may be a little too much of a drive for you but there is a monthly group
            meeting in Bridgewater near the college. Dave does come up on occasion to
            join us. We meet the second Friday of the month, ie this week. We start
            around 7 with lighter games as people are arriving and play till around
            midnight or a little later. Feel free to stop in and enjoy some BOGS
            gaming. We should have some newer releases available this week as a couple
            of our regulars are freshly back from The Gathering.

            Scott Pizio

            A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar
            hitchhiker can have.

            Don't Panic! - Towel Day is May 25th

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "David Fontes" <dfontes@...> wrote:

            > It's official! Barnes & Noble in Hyannis is having a game night! At this
            > point it is just once a month, the second Monday. Monday would not have
            been
            > my choice, but I guess the Events Coordinator figured she'd copy what was
            > going on in Walpole.
            >
            > >From the April calendar:
            > April 8th, Monday, 7:00-10:00 pm
            > Game Night
            > Join us in the Café for an informal evening of games and fun. Bring your
            own
            > or choose one from our basket of games.
            >
            > Anyway, just in case there is anyone on the list interested in coming to
            > this (I doubt there are many of you who are closer to Hyannis than to
            > Walpole!), the Barnes & Noble is in the Cape Cod Mall, on Rte 132, a
            couple
            > of miles south from exit 6 off rte 6. (approx. 15-20 minutes from the
            > Sagamore Bridge). I will be there, and will probably drag my wife Stacey
            > along, too, to ensure I won't be the only person there! If there is anyone
            > out there who might want to come, let me know and I'll provide more
            detailed
            > directions if necessary.
            >
            > Hopefully some non-Unity local gamers will come out of the woodwork, and I
            > will finally have a closer outlet for my habit than B20! (Not that I would
            > stop coming to B20, too!)
            > -David
            > =====================
            > David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
            > dfontes@...

          • David Fontes
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16 1:55 PM
              B&N decided to not have an "official" game night, but instead just has a
              few games that they put out for people to use in the cafe whenever they
              want. Of course, without anything official, no one ever shows up. I've
              never seen anybody playing the games they have out. :(

              As Scott said, the closest open gaming for you is probably the
              Bridgewater group. Should be just a little over a half hour drive for
              you, I think. I seem to always have something going on Friday nights, so
              I haven't been up for a while, but it's a great group of gamers and I'd
              encourage you to give it a try, especially if you are interested in
              trying some new games. Looks like you are mostly into more abstract-type
              games than many of us, but you might discover something new that you
              just love!

              -D