KNOB meeting tomorrow, Tuesday 4/2/2002 at 7:00 PM at Mark Towler s in Lowell.

  • Kornfeld, Lewis A
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      Come one, come all to Mark Towlers in Lowell at 7:00. Directions provided
      apon request. Mark can be reached at Towler@... or 978-204-9211.
      Last week was on first session in awhile and also the first time we had Joe
      Engalan attending. I arrived late to find Don, Mark, and Joe playing "Where
      is Bob's hat?". It soon became apparent Don was winning, which he usually
      does when he is playing a game for the first time. It also became apparent
      that Mark was far behind Joe and Don. Mark suggested to Joe that they put
      out the -10 hat and try to stick Don with it. They put the -10 Bob's hat
      alright but Mark kept getting stuck with it instead. Mark tried a new
      strategy, whining. And he did a great job. Don, and Joe were roaring with
      laughter. Mark score rebounded and Don's run away patch slowed allowing Joe
      to catch up and win. We then played Vinci which took longer but we were all
      taking turns pulling into the lead. Don this time was the one having the
      hard time. Towards the end of the game Don started to catch up, and it
      became apparent that Joe was the leader. The final score had Joe and I tied
      for first at 120 and Mark and Don tied for second at 96. the timing out when
      to let a civilization go into decline proved to be critical in the end. I do
      not know what we play this week, maybe Roborally will come out.