Modern Art bidding (was SR: B2O March 1, 2001)

  • David Fontes
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      > The gist is that I disagree with you and Campbell
      > that the "ideal" bid is one in which you are bidding half of what you
      think
      > the piece of art will be worth.

      I think it largely depends on who you are buying it from. If the seller is
      the person you think might be winning, you don't want to spend more than
      half the value, because they will make more on the sale than you do, putting
      you further behind than you were. If the seller is "sooo losing," than go
      ahead, bid higher.

      Of course, I'm not sure if I've ever won this game, so feel free to ignore
      my suggestions!

      -David
      David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/
      dfontes@...