RE: [Unity_Games] SR: B2O March 1, 2001

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
      Industrial Waste
      Yep, we missed the rule about not being able to produce goods when you are at 16 in the waste category, too. I know Andrew wanted to try it but we were 1/2 through by the time he arrived.

      Like Palmyra, IW represents a slice of an economic system, and the game itself feels a little dry to me. I compare IW to Palmyra, a game that has some cool elements but isn't quite satisfying. I think either one of these would work really well if the systems were plugged into a larger game like Civilization.

      I look forward to playing IW again, though/

      Mamma Mia:
      Matt Gray wrote:
      >>Best "memory game" ever. :-) This also works well with younger
      >>(pre-teen) kids very well, and is enjoyable for all parties.

      I have to agree. This is a really cool little game and I can't wait to play it again. besides, the starting player is "hungriest".

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
        --- In Unity_Games@y..., "sahenshaw" <sahenshaw@j...> wrote:
        > Another fine evening of gaming at Cole Hall in Bridgewater, Ma.
        > Alison even came down to make an appearance, for the 1st time, for
        > some Friday night gaming (which seems only fair since David is
        > playing at SSG on Mondays). ;-)

        I wanted to check you all out and also finally meet the infamous Kyle
        who is not Susan. I really liked the B20 group and since I didn't
        officially meet K.W.I.N.S., you all can count on my returning again
        sometime soon!

        As for games played, I got in a game of Torres, which I haven't played
        in a long while. With the help of Greg, I remembered all the rules so
        I could explain it to Gary and Danielle. Well played by all, but I
        managed to sneak out a win after losing out on the king's bonus in the
        final round.

        After Torres, I found a few others (Adam, Matt H., Gary and Danielle)
        interested in playing Princes, which I have now decided is a habit I
        need to give up! Matt H. generously gave the game another try and did
        a great job, coming in second in a five player game while only putting
        on 3 works!! I, however, played even more miserably than in my last
        outing at Total Con. I need some sort of remedial refresher course or
        something!

        Finally, I taught the guys Mamma Mia, which is a game I really love.
        Matt complained throughout the first round that he had no idea what
        was going on and then apparently figured it out, beating us soundly!

        Great fun! Thanks!
        --Alison
      • Susan Dohnim
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2002
          >I wanted to check you all out and also finally meet the infamous Kyle
          >who is not Susan. I really liked the B20 group and since I didn't
          >officially meet K.W.I.N.S., you all can count on my returning again
          >sometime soon!

          Oh, so *you're* Allison. No, we did not "officially meet", I suppose --
          someone will have to be in charge of formal introductions next time!

          However, that is not the main point of this email.

          The main point is to mention the High Spot of the night -- really, the best
          part of the evening. And it's a sin that it hasn't been mentioned yet.

          I am, of course, talking about Kelli's cookies :).

          Damn, those were some good. Kelli -- if you promise to make another batch
          next week, I promise to bring a gallon of milk and some cups. Mmmmm mmmm
          mmmm.

          Kyle who is not Susan (Also known as KWINS)

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2002
            "hansel_ma" <maarnett@...> wrote:

            >Finally, I taught the guys Mamma Mia, which is a
            >game I really love.

            Considering I usually don't care for memory games, I'm a big fan
            of Mamma Mia! I'll pack it along for SSG tonight and hope that
            your other half will be there and hope he likes it too!

            Nice reports on B2O! I'll get back down there again soon...

            And I hope to see a few folks at B&N tonight! Anyone else
            going?!?

            dber@...