SR: Samurai Swords/Shogun

  • Vitas Povilaitis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2002
      February 23, 2002

      5-player game of Samurai Swords (also known as Shogun.)

      Samurai Swords. We had a four hour session to review and play the
      game. This is a dice-oriented wargame set in Feudal Japan. Players
      were Tony, Matt, Rob, Jeff, and myself. All of us played the game
      before but a long time ago. I started out with a bang, consolidating
      my forces on the right-most coast and left-most island. Everyone felt
      threatened by this and proceeded to gang up on me. Tony was spread
      thin by the initial setup and took time to consolidate his forces. Bad
      luck and my Damyio was weakened and later destroyed. Matt felt the
      nasty effects of unlucky die rolls in one exchange as well. After four
      or five turns, it was obvious to me Jeff would kill off my remaining
      Damyio with two armies and a Ninja assassin, and everyone let it
      happen while pursuing their own battles. We ended the game once my
      third Damyio was eliminated by Jeff because it's fairly certain that
      he would win at that point and because we had a four hour limit to our
      game.