Dedham gaming acronym

  • Vitas Povilaitis
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
      > PS: Still looking for a new name/acronym... the winner gets a prize,
      > and no it's not a wheat, a sheep and an ore.

      Gamers Of Dedham (GOD)
      Boardgamers Of Dedham (BOD)
      Dedham Association of Boardgamers (DAB)
      Gathering Of Boardgamers Based in Dedham (GABBED)
      Propensity Of Dedhamite Boardgamers to Actively Game (PODBAG)
      Dedham Boardgame Association (DEDBOA)
      Association of Boardgamers of Dedham (ABODE)

      -Vitas P.-
    • Jeff Miller
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
        Eurogames and trash-talkin', Saturdays (EATS)

        Boston Area Gamers, Gaming In Dedham Saturdays (BAGGINS)

        Saturday? Eurogaming Time to leave? Eleven. Rituals? Settlers. (SETTLERS)

        --
        Jeff Miller, reporter
        Mass High Tech

        Subscribe to The Daily Tech Flash, a daily e-mail newsletter
        http://www.masshightech.com/enewslettersubscribe.asp
      • David Rapp
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
          Damn this is stupid.
        • Jeff Miller
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
            on 2/1/02 4:23 PM, David Rapp at drapp@... wrote:

            > Damn this is stupid.

            DTIS -- No. Too clumsy to say, and too hard to remember.

            However, with just a little tweaking you get ...

            "Damn, Is This Stupid?" (DITS)

            Perfecto!

            (I often say this line to myself while placing pieces in Medina.)

            (DITS. Not "perfecto.")

            --
            Jeff Miller
          • AlanRMoon@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
              drapp@... writes:

              <<
              Damn this is stupid.

              >>So your entry is DTIS?
            • David Rapp
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                > >>So your entry is DTIS?

                So, two silly gamers came in with the obvious joke. You two win a reward.
                Bend over.

              • AlanRMoon@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                  drapp@... writes:

                  << So your entry is DTIS?

                  So, two silly gamers came in with the obvious joke. You two win a reward.
                  Bend over.

                  >>Why is it most people in the psychiatric field always want to "play
                  doctor"? Maybe because they believe they were abducted by aliens with rectal
                  probes?
                • Jeff Miller
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                    on 2/1/02 4:51 PM, David Rapp at drapp@... wrote:

                    > So, two silly gamers came in with the obvious joke. You two win a reward.
                    > Bend over.

                    Friendship through gaming, my ass?

                    --
                    Jeff Miller
                  • David Rapp
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                      > >>Why is it most people in the psychiatric field always want to "play
                      > doctor"? Maybe because they believe they were abducted by aliens with
                      > rectal
                      > probes?

                      If I was in the psychiatric field I would be home right now flying off of
                      meds.
                    • David Rapp
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                        > Friendship through gaming, my ass?

                        Good inference. By the way, the cafepress t-shirts are coming along
                        nicely.

                      • randallpeek
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 1, 2002
                          --- In Unity_Games@y..., Vitas Povilaitis <vitas@g...> wrote:
                          > > PS: Still looking for a new name/acronym... the winner gets a
                          prize,
                          > > and no it's not a wheat, a sheep and an ore.
                          >
                          > Gamers Of Dedham (GOD)
                          > Boardgamers Of Dedham (BOD)
                          > Dedham Association of Boardgamers (DAB)
                          > Gathering Of Boardgamers Based in Dedham (GABBED)
                          > Propensity Of Dedhamite Boardgamers to Actively Game (PODBAG)
                          > Dedham Boardgame Association (DEDBOA)
                          > Association of Boardgamers of Dedham (ABODE)
                          >
                          > -Vitas P.-

                          How about Boardgamers Of Area 'Round Dedham (BOARD)?