8386Re: [Unity_Games] Latest Top 10

    Oct 1, 2001
      Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:

      >10. El Grande -

      One of my favorites. It needs to be played often enough that
      everyone is familiar with the cards or else the downtime as each
      one is read and "digested" can be a bit much for me.

      >8. Tycoon - I'm appreciating this game more and more.

      I really want to play this. I know I've seen a copy at Mark's.
      Maybe I can get him to show it to me next Tuesday at GSG?!?

      >6. Adel Verplichet - another old game.

      Agreed. But I have yet to play a game of this and not make some
      sort of silly mistake in placing out the wrong card. But I've
      finished 2nd in most games so even with the blunders I'm holding
      up.

      >3. Tichu -

      Played 2 or 3 times and it wasn't a game I really enjoyed and I'd
      be happy not to play again. But it's gut a HUGE following -
      especially among some UGers. I'm not a huge fan of trick-taking
      games anyway (but do enjoy Hearts and the few times I played
      Spades I did enjoy it).

      >1. Britannia - Another old game takes the top spot.

      I think this is best with 4. I played this recently and while it
      was enjoyable, it was a little long for the enjoyment I derived.
      But I think I'd definitely play it again - as would Campbell who
      was there both times I played and he seemed to rather enjoy it.
      Again, this benefits from people that know the system - the first
      game was a bit painful getting up to speed. The 2nd game was
      much better.

      Nice post Craig!

      dber@...