4644Re: [Unity_Games] Re: A first post...

    Mar 16, 2001
      Campbell wrote:

      > Out of curiousity, I dug back into the first post on the list (below).
      >
      > So Dave, has it all worked as you expected?

      That's an interesting question. I would say no. About 4600+ messages
      later the UG list has certainly become more popular than I anticipated. I
      really wasn't sure it would live beyond a few weeks (ok, so I'm not exactly
      an optimist - more of a realist). I'm surprised at the sheer number of
      gamers in the area. I am very grateful for the participation of those who
      use the list. And very appreciative of the time and effort those who run
      game sessions for use to enjoy using the list as a catalyst. I'm especially
      happy now that I can open up my South Shore Gamers with the new church hall
      venue and use the list as a coordination point (a week from Saturday we are
      back on regular Saturday SSG schedule).I know there are times when the sheer
      volume of it all is overwhelming, but I'm thankful for everyone who have
      participated and even those who have stood by during the sometimes awkward
      growth spurts.

      Above all, I hope the UG list has been of service to the gaming community.
      When it ceases to do so, I'll lead the charge to disband it. Until then -
      go UG!

      dber@...