33955Re: [Unity_Games] Consistent Conflict with Global Game Jam

  • karlvonl.geo
    Jan 30, 2014
      I agree! Let's have UG again this Saturday! :-)

      From: "Shirley Márquez Dúlcey" <mark@...>
      To: "Unity Games" <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:40:51 PM
      Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Consistent Conflict with Global Game Jam

      UG is a single day event on Saturday, so Super Bowl weekend might actually be a good time for it. The weekend gaming events all avoid that weekend, and you still have Sunday free to watch the game if you're so inclined.

      On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...> wrote:

      Though I no longer run UG events, this date was chosen because it's the week before the Superbowl - far enough away from the holidays but not yet into the major gaming convention season that starts up in spring.  Inevitably there are always conflicts - but we did our best some years ago to find a weekend that was as conflict-free as it could be. Since we've been doing this far longer than Global Game Jam, maybe they should yield instead :)

      Dave

      On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Aaron <spam4aaron@...> wrote:

      Hi folks,

      Is it merely coincidence that over the last several years, at least, the unitygames day has coincided right on top of the Global Game Jam? I hate having to decide between the two every year and I was wondering, if it wasn't particularly important to have it be during the Global Game Jam that in 2015 some care could be taken to not schedule it on the exact same weekend?

      ~Aaron

      email: daveber@...
      twitter: @davebernazzani

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic