33953Re: [Unity_Games] Consistent Conflict with Global Game Jam

  • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
    Jan 30, 2014
      I think it's a consequence of the time of year that it's held, not an intentional conflict.

      If you're going to hold UG in January your choices are limited. Right after New Year's is out; people are busy with other things. MLK weekend is out because that's when Arisia is held and that would be a major conflict for a lot of attendees.  So that only leaves you with a couple of weekends.

      It could shift into February but then you have other possible conflicts, enough so that there might not be any possible weekend. Holding it on the same weekend as Templecon, Boskone, or Total Confusion would be bad, and that's three down right there.

      On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Aaron <spam4aaron@...> wrote:

      Hi folks,

      Is it merely coincidence that over the last several years, at least, the unitygames day has coincided right on top of the Global Game Jam? I hate having to decide between the two every year and I was wondering, if it wasn't particularly important to have it be during the Global Game Jam that in 2015 some care could be taken to not schedule it on the exact same weekend?

      ~Aaron

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic