      From: Kevin Jackson-Mead <jacksonmead@...>
      To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:54 AM
      Subject: [Unity_Games] Game recommendations

      Hi all,

      Asking this for friends of friends. They are a family of 4, with a
      7-year-old and a 9-year-old and two parents. The games they have all
      enjoyed are:
      Chess
      Settlers of Catan
      Carcassonne
      Othello
      Labyrinth
      Stratego
      Set
      Hive
      Mancala

      The games that the 7-year-old has enjoyed but the rest of the family didn't:
      Ticket to Ride (don't know which version)
      Elfenland

      I've lent them Pandemic, Once Upon a Time, Blokus, and Bohnanza, and I've
      given a recommendation for Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers.

      Does anyone have any other recommendations for games for them? Preferably
      4-player ones that they can all play together.

      Also, they live on the North Shore (Swampscott, I think). Are there any
      newbie-friendly and kid-friendly game gatherings close to them?

      Thanks,
      Kevin