32756Re: [Unity_Games] Game Complexity

  • Scott Romanowski
    Mar 10, 2012
      On 3/10/2012 11:06 AM, Shirley Márquez Dúlcey wrote:
      > Acquire is a sometimes forgotten classic that is another good
      > candidate.

      I'd include Diplomacy in the list of simple games, but the playing time
      scares people off. Bulge '91, Dune, Gettysburg '88 and Merchant of Venus
      are simple games with short playing times.

      > It's true that we also have plenty of games that are more complex, such
      > as Dominion, Race For The Galaxy, and Agricola. Those aren't the ones to
      > spring on people who are new to the board gaming hobby unless they're
      > coming from other complex gaming communities such as collectible card
      > games or tabletop RPGs.

      Some friends and I have been playing ASL monthly at Myriad in Salem.
      Hopefully that will spur sales of the Starter Kits.

      --
      Scott

      `-- c8 ]
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic