      From: Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...>
      Subject: [Unity_Games] Front Table Support Needed - This time... with Incentives!
      To: "unity_games" <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:09 AM

      Okay... what little charm and goodwill I built up with the UG

      community is long gone! I have not reached critical mass on getting

      enough front table volunteers. Perhaps I'm in the later stages of my

      Bloated-Elvis days. I don't really know. With 2 days to go before the

      big event, I'm forced to change tactics. Phil had no problems -- he

      calls out for 14 teaching area volunteers and he gets them with a

      single short sharp blast of his chipmunk-like whistle. I've had a

      harder time! We realize front table duty sucks compared to teaching

      -- since the teaching area still allows those volunteers to play one

      of their favorite games while the front table support does not. So...

      We're offering $5 discount to this event (that is, you'll get $5 back

      if you're already prepaid) if you volunteer for front table duty.

      Email me if you can help out in a 1 hour timeslot between 11AM and 4PM

      (last shift is 4PM-5PM).

      And even though the teaching area staff gets to play one of their

      favorite games, there is still a duty involved. So for you guys, we're

      working on getting you a prestigious "teachers" microbadge on the

      Board Game Geek for the effort. Stay tuned.

      Depending on the financial situation we are in after this event, we

      will try to offer similar or better incentives in the future as well.

      daveber@gmail. com

      www.unitygames. org