26919Re: Parents with kids suggestion

  • counterfeitbanana
    Feb 1, 2007
      Hi David.

      My wife and I have discussed doing something like this in past years.
      My daughter is old enough to play some games (she's five), but she's
      certainly not old enough to bring to regular gaming groups, which
      leaves Leah out in the cold a lot. There was a group of "Geek Parents"
      I met with at Pandemonium once, but it didn't come to anything.

      In any case, maybe we could get together one of these weekends and
      give it a shot. If we could find another couple, I think we just might
      have the right numbers...

      Jeremy.

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, David Kuznick <dkuznick@...> wrote:

      > So those of us with kids not yet of gaming age often find it a
      challenge to get
      > group gaming in, let alone anything regular. Would anyone be
      interested in
      > trying to organize something semi-regular that had some sort of
      childcare,
      > either hired or people rotate throughout the session? Or better
      yet, is anyone
      > already doing this? :-)
      >
      > --
      > David Kuznick dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
      > "Ever had the feeling you've been here before? Drinking down the poison
      > the way you were taught. Ever thought from here on in your life begins
      > and all you knew was wrong?"
      > Arriving Somewhere (But Not Here) - PORCUPINE TREE

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic