25377Gaming goal for 2006 -- an update

  • W. Eric Martin
    Mar 31, 2006
      The end of March is minutes away, but my gaming for the month is over,
      so after 280 plays of 96 different titles, how goes my quest to avoid
      singletons at year's end? The list stood at 17 titles on February 28,
      and the list remains that long today, although a few of the titles have
      changed. In place of--

      Big Boss
      Handy
      Hansa
      Kai Piranja
      Lost Cities
      Pico 2
      Reef Encounter
      TransAmerica

      --I'm now staring down--

      Boomtown
      Crazy Circus (MaNiKi)
      Crystal Faire
      Il Principe
      Ingenious
      Money!
      Street Illegal
      Time's Up

      The tough nuts that stayed unplayed over the past 31 days are:

      Amun-Re
      Apples to Apples
      China
      Die Macher
      Go West
      Kapitan Wackelpudding
      Kommando
      Sitting Ducks Gallery
      Texas Roll'Em

      A few of the current one-shots are for reviews (Crystal Faire, Il
      Principe, Street Illegal), so I'll easily knock those out in the next
      few weeks, but with a convention looming I'm sure to try out a dozen or
      two new titles in April and that could set up an enormous mountain to
      overcome in the final two-thirds of the year.

      So what have you played in the first third of 2006? What winners and
      losers have you discovered?

      Eric

      --
      W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
      "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin