21147Re: [Unity_Games] UG8: Volunteers needed to teach games

  • Tery Gaudet
    Aug 4, 2004
      Hi Phil,

      I would be happy to be the lone Tery in the
      game-teaching area, but the UG powers-that-be
      neglected to take into account Mark and my vacation
      plans for October. So instead of playing games with
      all of you, we'll be in Baltimore watching the Red
      Sox, who had better a) win and b)be cinching their
      wild card spot, because otherwise I am going to be
      doubly upset that I am missing UG8.

      The other Tery, with the correct number of Rs

      --- Terry Egan <cardsharp_100@...> wrote:

      > Hi Phil,
      >
      > I really waffled back and forth on this one, as I
      > very
      > much enjoyed teaching games at the last two Unity
      > Games events, but I think I'd like to take a pass on
      > this for UG8. It looks like you're becoming well
      > established as the Start-Up Area guru for UG events,
      > and if you continue in that capacity, I'd love to
      > have
      > you keep me on the "potential game teachers" e-mail
      > list, as I'd very likley be interested in jumping
      > back
      > in to teach games for UG9 and beyond.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > -Terry
      >
      > --- The Alberg Clan <albergclan@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Greetings!
      > >
      > > I hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
      > >
      > > As most of you know, Unity Games 8 will be held at
      > > the Four Points Sheraton hotel in Waltham, MA on
      > > Oct. 2, which is only TEN WEEKS AWAY-- please see
      > > http://www.unitygames.org/ug8/ug8.htm for more
      > > information. I will once again be coordinating a
      > > jumpstart teaching area where dedicated gamers
      > teach
      > > popular games to anyone wishing to learn them.
      > The
      > > goal is to have a specific place where new players
      > > or

      those-who-are-not-as-comfortable-jumping-into-the-main-fray
      > > can meet and ease into some relaxed gaming hosted
      > by
      > > enthusiastic gamers.
      > >
      > > I am looking for volunteers to staff this
      > activity.
      > > Specifically, I need people who can dedicate about
      > 3
      > > hours and are comfortable at teaching games.
      > There
      > > is no set list of games to be taught -- you may
      > > indicate a choice of games, which should be
      > playable
      > > in under 90 minutes and accommodate 3+ players.
      > As
      > > a reference, the games that were taught at UG7
      > > included: The GIPF series, Ra, Santiago, Settlers
      > of
      > > Catan, and Traumfabrik. Other game possibilities
      > > include (but are not limited to): Attika,
      > > Carcassonne, Citadels, Modern Art, New England,
      > > Princes of Florence, and Ticket to Ride. I am
      > > looking for 6 - 9 volunteers. Please reply to me
      > > off-list if you are interested in participating in
      > > this activity.
      > >
      > > Thank you, and I look forward to seeing everyone
      > at
      > > UG8!
      > >
      > > - Phil

      > > removed]